Passenger train destination board

behemoth14

So playing around with the TS2009WB beta 1, I've noticed that a number of the German passenger multiple units have destination boards either above the driver's cab window or above windows on the sides of the vehicles (I have seen them on some vehicles in TS2004, too). These look suspiciously like they can be renamed, but I have yet to find out how. Does anyone know if it's possible to rename these boards, and if so, how to do so?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Search for Peter Dehnert on the Forum - there was a thread about how to change Destinations signs.

I reskinned a Class 121 and provided a Destinations Table for the little beastie using Peter Dehnert's script and rules!
[/FONT]

"Thanks to Peter Dehnert for the 'Interactive Destination Signs'. Please Download Rules 'Destination Table' and 'Change Destination Rule' from the DLS if you wish to enable interactive destination blinds."

As you have the BETA version of TRS2009, if Peter's files aren't present, then you miht need to download them into a different Trainz version and "Import" them into TRS2009.

If you need help, may I suggest you email Peter Dehnert. He certainly helped me - a lot of the Unit Stock on Trainz could use this feature!

Last edited:
Yeah, I found those rules (I should have searched the DLS before I posted a new topic ;) ). Actually, they're built in to the beta version, I have since discovered. I can only get the Destination Table rule to work, though. I can't see the Change Destination Sign rule in the list of session rules in Surveyor in either TS2009 or TS2004! Is it supposed to be there, or is it automatically implemented when I add the Destination Table rule? If so, how do I use it? Does anyone know?

Here's the types I know of

There is 3 systems, both can use the change destination rule.

1. is a Text box that the destination are enterted into the destination database and the change destination command changes this.

2. is a texture replacement system. the destinations work as above.

3. is also a texture replacement system but uses triggers like the V6E and the Ubahn layot designed for doing this. they are programed with the destinations in the trams or trains used with that system.

There is a 4th but only used by Andi for his buses where both destinations for each end are entered into the bus config and a trigger is placed to change between them

There was some very old cars that used a digit of the car number entered as a destination number replacing the texture in the destination box with the one selected. some of the NYCTA and British cars were like this.

Hope I explained it ok, my typing and speeling is never perfect but you should get the idear.

Tom

Last edited:
Back