Old Western Screenshotz (Big Pics and must contain a Horse)

dreddman

Oct 01 Ver 1.1 owner
I thought I would start this Thread out of Respect to the Late Great Elvenor. Now most of us have his Driveable horses and Wagons I have had since he released years ago!! But never had anywhere to drive em?
I searched the DLS this weekend looking for a western Layout with roads :( I downloaded a couple which had the red invisible track for wagon roads just throwen in as a last thought SO As much as I hate useing Suveyor I needed a Layout with Driveable roads.
Not just some track going through the bush but action near the road like action near the Rail line. Make it Realistic .......Which meant I had to then make 5 pieces of Content I needed to create the Illusion.
So it took me all day to do 3/4 of a baseboard (I'm slow).......then it was Beer O'Clock/Betatesting time.......:eek:
So lets start here at "Junction City" home of "Fort Appache" :D
There is a Rail line (Just no pics) parked there at Pencil42's new Depot are the 2 Golden spike wood burners towing Pencil's CP & UP Cars.
Meanwhile in town the call has gone out to the Fort for a Patrol as Rebs were sighted in the area.
Now that Pencils Depot and Products are on the DLS I shall start uploading Just have to fix the Configs so the DLS wont reject them and Fix the Fort Spline.(Only a 5 min roughie at this stage)
Toys to be uploaded to the Interested.............................
2 Fort splines SOON)
Updated Elvenor;s Stagecoach Freightwagon and converted to a Coveredwagon a US Cavalry Coveredwagon (all carry freight and baggage....Stage pass and baggage and animated doors)
A US Cavalry Guncarrage
A US Cavalry Single Rider a Double a Double with animated Flag and a Double with Caps..........Reb Single a Reb Double and a Double with Flag.
Scenery a US Cavalry Guncrew walking Officer a Guard and a Cannon by itself.
(British and French later)_Steam and Sail!
So On With The SCREENZ!!!......Then Show Me where you Drive your Horses and Wagonz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
uscavjt5.jpg

uscav1ii2.jpg

uscav2fk6.jpg

uscav3pl7.jpg

:eek:

i the shots were for trains i'd have soooooo many that i could post.... looks good though!
Yes the shots are for Trains you just have to have a Horse in the Pic?
Uploaded a Old Brass Cannon a Cavalry Guncrew a solsier and a walking officer! :D

A load of brand new coaches unloading at the freight depot.
The required horses are in the box car ;)
horses.jpg

These products are from the ING4Trainz team, and just arrived on the DLS.

Great Shot Pencil ! You got the IDEA ;) .........
The first uploads approved...4 scenery items
I will upload a single driveable Cavalry rider too see if my config passes once approved I willl upload the rest.
The Fort splines are looking better with a hidden plane to stop the light flicker.....
Here's My Latest installment.....
"John Wayne and director John Ford, Only this Dynamite team could bring such a vintage Cavalary Western to Trainz. Based on actual incidents in 1863. Wayne and William Holden are the argumentative leaders of a Union Cavalry patrol sent on a mission to Destroy the Confederate supply Railway Linez. This Desperate order from General Grant climaxes with the bloody seige of Vicksburg - a turning point for the Union and the entire Civil War....................."
horsesoldierspz7.jpg

horsesoldiers1bw3.jpg

:eek:

Last edited:
Is that route on the DLS? i would love to have it!
Maybe you should Read as well as look at the Pictures "So it took me all day to do 3/4 of a baseboard (I'm slow).......then it was Beer O'Clock/Betatesting time.......:rolleyes: "
Now about four boards into this and four bits of content Approved on the DLS.........I hope to be able to release this layout because iI am keeping it a small 10 board loop (EyeCandy Layout).......Views from the Track as well as the Road! I get frustrated in suveyor trying to make it look Real and not Overdoseing on content in this I am trying to let the Countryside give the feel and Theme offering great views and mememorys of every old cowboy movie you have ever seen :p
horsesoldiers2qx4.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to see something done with the horses. It looks really good!

I've been at work with a layout which was designed as a tribute to Elvenor. But it's been so long now, it'll probably be just another NG route.

Here's a (somewhat artistic) sneak at the layout, while I'm at it.
Rio_Grande_Shot_768x576.jpg

Great stuff, once again!

Nice to see something done with the horses. It looks really good!

I've been at work with a layout which was designed as a tribute to Elvenor. But it's been so long now, it'll probably be just another NG route.

Here's a (somewhat artistic) sneak at the layout, while I'm at it.
Image removed

Great stuff, once again!

Where did you get those locos?

EDIT: Betsy what gauge are those locos? Standard or narrow?

Now that is really cool....My G-Pa would love to see this :)....Can't wait till this one is done...Keep up the great work!!!! :D

Dreddman Referee!

Nice screens Gentlemen but!! (always a But) :D
betsy662 no horse in 2nd or 3rd screens and joneau no horsey at all :rolleyes:
(Iron Horses dont count) LOL
UPDATE...
The Cavalry rider failed the DLS checks "the licence was in the wrong place container traincar I think I have it fixed now I put it in 06 and the only thing CMP was worried about was the missing dependencies I didnt put them in... oh the art and icon dont want to appear??? dunno why? But I will upload again this afternoon (another fiddle with the art files) as is upload in 04 format!! works in both if passes I will upload the lot then ;) .......2 and 3/4 boards fully textured now The idea here is to see the World from the saddle
Screens Must Contain a Horse in the Pic!
horsesoldiers3sl0.jpg

Great screens by all and thanks for posting your version of how the West was won LOL!:D

Hey friends of the old (wild) west!
Great pictures - but I am missing the real MONUMENTAL background. Here it is:

MonumentValey-k.jpg

MonumentValey-k.jpg
MonumentValey-k.jpg

The backdrops are going today to the DLS - search for jost62 in 1 - 2 days. They are invisible from the back (so you can look from all sides on your baseboards) - if you can not see them rotate the baseboard and move/rotate the backdrop the way you want it.

Edit: Uploaded and available at DLS, username jost62.

Last edited:
Hey friends of the old (wild) west!
Great pictures - but I am missing the real MONUMENTAL background. Here it is:
MonumentValey-k.jpg
MonumentValey-k.jpg

The backdrops are going today to the DLS - search for jost62 in 1 - 2 days. They are invisible from the back (so you can look from all sides on your baseboards) - if you can not see them rotate the baseboard and move/rotate the backdrop the way you want it.

I think we have a winner here :)

Back