NZ pics

Some More Travels 3 (& last)

screen089.jpg

At this point, a helicopter started following us. Approaching Raroa.

screen090.jpg

Raroa's new platform.

screen096a.jpg

Johnsonville, all ashore!

screen098.jpg

End of the line. With no trains arriving here since I had UTC, it looks like the kids have been having a good time with the ramp and a shopping trolley...

screen100s.jpg

With the speeches done, it was time to head back to town.

screen103.jpg

Arriving back in town.

Fender, if you're out there, you know I'm a huge fan of your work and I've just had a thought - with the English Electrics at least mostly retiring (probably) in the next year or so after 70+ years, wouldn't it be nice if we could record all their liveries in Trainz version? Whaddya say? Not trying to be pushy. I can't create anything Gmax'ish myself and have much respect for those that can. I just love those old rattlers...

On a completely different topic...
screen107r.jpg

At Paraparaumu, poles are starting to go up for double tracking & electrification to Waikanae.

Phew, that's all for now. Hope I don't get into trouble for talking too much rubbish (and too many screenies).

Ryan

I like what i see! stop make me want to go back to working on New Zealand stuff...

William

p.s. I'm loving the BN trailer in that last shot!

Hi Ryan,
I see you are making good use of imageshack and some great screenies there. Johnsonville has changed a lot over the years and that railway station has been moved at least twice that I know of, to make way for the retail expansion in the area.

Fender, if you're out there, you know I'm a huge fan of your work and I've just had a thought - with the English Electrics at least mostly retiring (probably) in the next year or so after 70+ years, wouldn't it be nice if we could record all their liveries in Trainz version? Whaddya say? Not trying to be pushy. I can't create anything Gmax'ish myself and have much respect for those that can. I just love those old rattlers...

I have a DM set in TranzMetro livery - Yellow front and pale blue body, twin headlights- floating around somewhere, probably still in MSTS. I will have a look, but could be a wee while as other projects are on the go. BTW, could I have the kuid and availability of the DM cab view as in your shots above please?
Cheers, Fender :)

Hi Fender

Thanks for the reply. Look forward to that one. A fitting tribute I think.

The cab I use for the red set is a built-in one from 06 & 09 - <kuid:523:762762>. it's from one of those MN Shoreliner cars. Only problem is that the speedo's in mph & I can't get Raildriver to show kph with 09, oh well. Other than that, it captures the mood and the train's age very well I think. It also gives a lovely loud "whoosh" when the airbrakes are applied, like the cylinder is right there in front of you.

I use a different cab for the blue set, which I'm currently using as the normal Jville/East Town sets - <kuid:80140:55738>. This one is on the DLS, has a manually controlled wiper & a speedo in kph (for those of us who grew up metric). It is a bit like a renovated cab with a bit of a proper dashboard, but still feels quite old. Worth a look as well.

Hope this helps.

Ryan

Hi Fender

Thanks for the reply. Look forward to that one. A fitting tribute I think.

The cab I use for the red set is a built-in one from 06 & 09 - <kuid:523:762762>. it's from one of those MN Shoreliner cars. Only problem is that the speedo's in mph & I can't get Raildriver to show kph with 09, oh well. Other than that, it captures the mood and the train's age very well I think. It also gives a lovely loud "whoosh" when the airbrakes are applied, like the cylinder is right there in front of you.

I use a different cab for the blue set, which I'm currently using as the normal Jville/East Town sets - <kuid:80140:55738>. This one is on the DLS, has a manually controlled wiper & a speedo in kph (for those of us who grew up metric). It is a bit like a renovated cab with a bit of a proper dashboard, but still feels quite old. Worth a look as well.

Hope this helps.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,
Cab kuid:523:762762, I can only find this in 2009, however it has faults/errors. The MNShorliner train is not recognised by 2009 and when I package the asset and try the cab in the DMU in 2006, it reports syntax errors. A quick look in the files and the texture txt. file appears to be missing. Have you had this problem?

Hey folks.

Have any of the NZ routes featured in this thread been released? Failing that, is there a 42" route out there that kinda looks like New Zealand if you squint a bit?

Thanks,

Rob.

Hi Ryan,
Cab kuid:523:762762, I can only find this in 2009, however it has faults/errors. The MNShorliner train is not recognised by 2009 and when I package the asset and try the cab in the DMU in 2006, it reports syntax errors. A quick look in the files and the texture txt. file appears to be missing. Have you had this problem?

Hi Fender

IIRC, I think I substituted the built in cab with these ones when I had 06 and had no problems at all. When I shifted everything to 09, I still had no problems. The units still show no errors for me, so I'm not sure. Sorry.

Ryan

Just did a google search of that kuid, Fender. There appears to be some more dependencies. Don't have time to read it properly now though, running late for training. Hope that helps.

Ryan

Hi Colhad!

Being Tasmanian, A DQ has a lower nose than a QR class. The locomotive in your TR livery was commonly known as a ZC class when they arrived in Tasmania. They then had a major overhaul and turned into an MKA and bought by Pacific National in late 2003 i think.

42 inch route

Hi Obo,

I have just uploaded a 42" route called Auburn 42. It is freelance and looks more Australian then anywhere else. It will be on the DLS later today if you want it.

Bill.

Melling Branch

Morning all

I've just (re)completed the Melling Branch, and to celebrate the return of trains to this little line, Cyclops was pulled out of the yard to do the honours...

screen013f.jpg

Travelling alongside the harbour, surely one of the most scenic entrances/exits to a city anywhere.

screen016s.jpg

Waiting for time at Petone.

screen017z.jpg

Bottom yellow, we're going up the branch.

screen018g.jpg

General view of the junction, gee the highway's quiet...

screen020u.jpg

Western Hutt & the 1.5km post. Does anyone know if there's a way to make the km post renameable?

screen024z.jpg

End of the line for the last 1/2 century (ignore the Aus Post box :).

screen025x.jpg

Ready to go back to town.

screen035.jpg

Later on, a Ganz makes the same trip, stopping at Western Hutt.

screen036h.jpg

The highway parrallels the line for its entire length.

Well, that's it for now, next build, the current Wairarapa Line.

Ryan

Morning all

Travelling alongside the harbour, surely one of the most scenic entrances/exits to a city anywhere.

General view of the junction, gee the highway's quiet...

The highway parrallels the line for its entire length.

Well, that's it for now, next build, the current Wairarapa Line.

Ryan

Great Pics Ryan, and as you say the highway is quiet. I don't think Iv'e seen it that quiet since about the 1950s and it was just one lane each way in those days. Just a bit of info. Wairarapa line uses the same coaches as the Upper Valley Metro line, will be looking forward to it.

Cheers,
Bill69

Last edited:
Back