Non-Faulty Decent Quality Slugs

Does anyone know where I can get a slug? I have seen the Cloakedghost ones on the DLS but it says it can't load the PM file or something like that. There is some decent stuff that looks okay, but is less detailed and looks kinda weird next to JointedRail locomotives.

Jointed Rail sells a variety of slugs.... What're you looking for? SD-70ACE-B? GP-9B? F-7B(Freeware)? SD-45B? They're all mostly available only in certain road names and colors, but there ya go...

After that, I've seen only a couple slugs I've found interesting on the DLS. Mostly versions of the same SW1500 Slug that I forget who made....

-Falcus

The cloaked ghost ones looked decent enough but they have an error, and a B unit is different than a slug. A B Unit is a powered loco with prime mover and traction motors, but with no cab. It must be MU'ed to other locos to work. Sometimes they have hostling controls which give them a basic movement capability. I one case, a B Unit was given remote control and a control stand on the conductors side so it could work as a mine switcher. A slug just has traction motors so it can give a loco more pulling power. Sometimes these have cabs so they can lead, or remote control so they can give non-RC locos RC capabilities.

The cloaked ghost ones looked decent enough but they have an error, and a B unit is different than a slug. A B Unit is a powered loco with prime mover and traction motors, but with no cab. It must be MU'ed to other locos to work. Sometimes they have hostling controls which give them a basic movement capability. I one case, a B Unit was given remote control and a control stand on the conductors side so it could work as a mine switcher. A slug just has traction motors so it can give a loco more pulling power. Sometimes these have cabs so they can lead, or remote control so they can give non-RC locos RC capabilities.

Hmmm, didn't know that. We don't get many of either up here around Seattle. I guess that explains why the CSX RC Slugs look so skeletal though.

As far as trainz is concerned though, I'd think all you'd have to do would be to either remove the engine sound entirely, or replace those with the sounds of just traction motors to make almost any diesel loco into a slug? /shrug.

Thanks for the explanation,
-Falcus

I guess that would make it a road slug, and I think you would need slight mods to the body.
As for the errors, they are:
! Unable to load mesh file: 'cg_cst_slug_shadow/cg_cst_slug_shadow.pm'

No, I saw the PM an figured, 'Oh, that's a mesh file, better not mess with that." So this removes the shadow from the slug, but I can still use it?
EDIT: One of the issues about doing that is that there's nothing in the config about a shadow. Not one word.

Last edited:
why don't you post the kuid for the slug, maybe someone on the community would be able to look at it in better detail after that???

Here it is:

kuid <kuid:76096:5726>
bogey <kuid:76096:528>
interior
cabinsway 1
engine 1
name "BN Slug #5726"
mass 127005
company "BN"
origin "United States"
kind "traincar"
enginespec <kuid:76096:526>
enginesound <kuid:-1:42003002>
hornsound <kuid:-1:42003101>
description "BN slug"
region "United States"
trainz-build 1.3
category-class "AA"
category-region-0 "US"
category-era-0 "1969s"
light_color 255,255,255
asset-filename "cg_cst_slug"
username "BN Slug #5726"
thumbnail
author "CloakedGhost275"
organisation "seminole/blackhole"
contact-email "trredwing6800@aol.com"
contact-website "semitrainz.8bit.co.uk"
license "--=-- cloakedghost275's license --=--

This object was made by Toby Roberts (CloakedGhost275) and content is copyright 2003

This content may not be redistributed without the express written permission of it's author.

This content is provided 'as is' and as such it's author is not responsible for anything that may happen to your computer or software.

All logos/heralds are property of their respective owners.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

kuid-table
{
0 <kuid:76096:526>
1 <kuid:76096:528>
2 <kuid:-10:172>
3 <kuid:-1:42003002>
4 <kuid:-1:42003101>
}

I one case, a B Unit was given remote control and a control stand on the conductors side so it could work as a mine switcher.

That would be Haysi Mine Company's F7B. Interestingly, it is preserved at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum in Chattanooga, specifically at East Chattanooga on a siding.

Back