Nice Trainz Routes

Dearnen

For relatively new Trainz users like myself who may be looking for new routes to play, I thought it might be nice to have a thread for people to mention some of their favorite freeware routes. Searching through the DLS can be a challenge. If you know of any well designed routes, with excellent scenery, track layout, or both, please let us know about it. Who made it? What does it feature? Where can we find it?

(Please don't use this thread to advertise your own routes, though.)

-Dearnen

Hi,

You seem to only have TRS2004, yet you are talking about browsing the DLS, so my question to you is: What is the highest version of trainz you have?

Why am I asking you this?
Well, I am more then happy to suggest you to download the UMR 2014 route (to my knowledge the longest and one of the nicer fictional routes on the DLS), but if you the highest version you have is 2009 that sure does not work.

Btw, if you have higher versions, consider registering them to your account :).

Dont wanna sound ignorent but you could just narrow the DLS search down to strictly routes and just download and try them out.

Hi,

You seem to only have TRS2004, yet you are talking about browsing the DLS, so my question to you is: What is the highest version of trainz you have?

<snip>

Btw, if you have higher versions, consider registering them to your account :).

I have TRS 12, and I thought I had registered it. I'll fix that ASAP. I bought 2004 many years ago but didn't get a chance to play it much, that's why I consider myself new.

-Dearnen

Last edited:
Well, I checked and according to Planet Auran I have registered TRS 12. I'm not sure why the forum header says I don't have it.

I'm one of those poor souls that doesn't have a FCT. Just can't afford it, even with the 20% off for buying the game. So, yeah, I imagined this thread could serve as a guide for those of us that can't search through all the routes on the DLS.

Well, I checked and according to Planet Auran I have registered TRS 12. I'm not sure why the forum header says I don't have it.
I'm one of those poor souls that doesn't have a FCT. Just can't afford it, even with the 20% off for buying the game.

Forgive my ignorance, but, after purchasing TS12 don't you get a free 3/6 month FCT included with the game, which, if you have, you can activate on your profile and then be able to obtain anything from the DLS freely and quickly for several weeks.

Also, do you only want American/Canadian layouts to play on, as with TS12 you also have built-in Russian, Chinese and European routes with locos available, which would make the game more interesting with the huge amount of variety, it all depends on which areas of the world you are keen on.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Forgive my ignorance, but, after purchasing TS12 don't you get a free 3/6 month FCT included with the game, which, if you have, you can activate on your profile and then be able to obtain anything from the DLS freely and quickly for several weeks.

Also, do you only want American/Canadian layouts to play on, as with TS12 you also have built-in Russian, Chinese and European routes with locos available, which would make the game more interesting with the huge amount of variety, it all depends on which areas of the world you are keen on.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

I didn't receive a free 3/6 month FCT, but a 20% off coupon. This makes me wonder if I missed something in my registration, though, because I do remember thinking I would get limited time free access and being surprised by the coupon being only 20% off. Combined with the forum header not showing I have TS12 makes me curious what I happened.

While I am personally mostly interested in North American routes, I'm sure there are other players who have other interests. As long as we post where the layout is set, I welcome suggestions of routes set anywhere.

Forgive my ignorance, but, after purchasing TS12 don't you get a free 3/6 month FCT included with the game
No. They did that with earlier versions and maybe some localized versions as some promotion, but you did not get one with the Digital Download.

Dont wanna sound ignorent but you could just narrow the DLS search down to strictly routes and just download and try them out.
Not a very helpful response. Learning from the experiences of others is one of the great benefits of this and all good forums. I know my free time is precious and getting some valuable advice from others really helps me find what's good ... and what's not-so-good.

Hi Dearnen

There is the Sherman Hill v2.1 route from TrainzItalia which was payware but has now generously been released as freeware. See this thread for details of how to get it http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...Sherman-Hill-v2-1&highlight=sherman+hill+v2.1

You download the route and a number of content packs which is ideal for you as it minimizes the number of assets to download from the DLS. I had the original payware route but I prefer the freeware version with all its updates.

While you're at TrainzItalia, download their freeware Challengers and FEF locos http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...ase-1-Locomotives&highlight=sherman+hill+v2.1

Regards

Brian

I've seen your routes mentioned a couple of times, Phil. I'll definitely give them a look.

The route and engines from TrainzItalia are nice, Brian. I have already downloaded them and also recommend them to anyone looking for quality add-ons.

Hi Dearnen

You might want to check several routes on my website. I recently updated the Cumberland to Connellsville route to work in TS2010, and TS12 SP-1 Build 58414, and the Cumberland to Harpers Ferry which was released about a month ago. The routes are large and have a lot of interactive industry.

Joe

I'm one of those poor souls that doesn't have a FCT. Just can't afford it, even with the 20% off for buying the game. So, yeah, I imagined this thread could serve as a guide for those of us that can't search through all the routes on the DLS.

If you registered just around 9/11, there was a forum reset which may have caused your TS12 registration to disappear from your station list. This has happened to at least one other person registered here. If this is the case, contact the helpdesk. They may be able to help you.

John

Hi Dearnen

You might want to check several routes on my website. I recently updated the Cumberland to Connellsville route to work in TS2010, and TS12 SP-1 Build 58414, and the Cumberland to Harpers Ferry which was released about a month ago. The routes are large and have a lot of interactive industry.

Joe

That's quite extensive work you've done. I'm impressed by the size of the projects and determination you've put into modelling the Western Maryland.

If you registered just around 9/11, there was a forum reset which may have caused your TS12 registration to disappear from your station list. This has happened to at least one other person registered here. If this is the case, contact the helpdesk. They may be able to help you.

John

Thank you for pointing that out. I've submitted a ticket with the helpdesk.

Last edited:
Back