New Utility: Trainz Protocol Changer - fix broken Download Helper links

Thankyou for letting me know. I am aware of an inherent fault caused by Content Manager that can change the destination that my utility sets, but I will check it and release an update if needed.

Shane

P.S. I am aware that the identification process takes it's time the first time it is run. This is to take into account that some users simply copy their Trainz installation over and not install it properly. This will only happen once, unless the version database needs to be rebuilt (if a version is added or removed).

Last edited:
Many thanks for reporting the fault to me. It has been identified and corrected, and the fixed version has been uploaded.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Be aware that the identification process will still take a while, as it is doing a deep scan of all folders it can access, but this only needs to be done if a new version of Trainz is installed, or moved, or if an existing Trainz installation is removed.

Shane

Hi Scottbe8,

The version database is stored in a file called trainzversions.dat in the same folder as the application.

If it is not writing it, I will need to investigate further as it's working fine at my end.

Shane

The format is quite simple. It contains lines containing the full path of each version of Trainz.exe for example C:/Program Files/N3V Games/TS12/Trainz.exe.

It does not include the version in the Bin folder.

Shane

An update to this tool will be released later on today - I've now identified how the associations work for T:ANE.

Shane

EDIT: Due to an unexpected issue, I will hopefully be releasing it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back