New Aircraft

Hi guys, I have been doing a number of updates to the models to bring them up to the latest startup standards. These also extend the range of aircraft for example in the Boeing 737 models - there are a number of sizes in the range. Expect a number of reskins from Rob and Papou.

The Boeing 737_81B in Southern China colours:

boeing737_china.jpg

The 737_781 in All Nippon Airways:

boeing737_ana.jpg

The 737-232 of Canadian North:

boeing737_232_canadian.jpg

The Airbus is also included, the A319-111 Iberia model:

airbus319_100.jpg

New aircraft include the Piper Cub, you have already seen a reskin by Papou:

piper_cub100.jpg

Two Cessna Skymaster models, the 0-2 military version:

cessna_skymaster101.jpg

and the civilian model:

cessna_skymaster100.jpg

Approved is the Learjet 60 model:

Learjet100.jpg

I must thank Rob and Pascal for testing the aircraft, and for helpful suggestions.

Hope you enjoy them.

Ian

Last edited:
Today, an other model, but very popular, the Airbus A321. This one with the markings of Aegean Airlines, Greek company.

A321-Aegean_zps534ebb45.jpg

Just uploaded.

Airbus A321-232 Aegean startup,<kuid2:74222:12182:1>

Pascal

Andrew,

I found with laying invisible takeoff & landing tracks, if you lay it all down, then 'straighten' the sections along the ground, things work out better (provided the ground is flat). Sorry it's that long since I've done straightening, but you click on the length/section, one click makes it straight, then click again & it will bend; dependent on the curving of the joining sections either end. You will have to look up how to do it, unless some kind a soul here can advise please?. :)

Thanks, Noel. I think I have 2 problems: 1) My ground is not flat. 2) I used one long invisible track from the runway beginning to where I want my aircraft to rise. I need to try shorter sections and straighten them as you say. Either that or start with blank flat baseboards and not TransDEM'ed terrain.

Andrew

Hi guys, I have been doing a number of updates to the models to bring them up to the latest startup standards. These also extend the range of aircraft for example in the Boeing 737 models - there are a number of sizes in the range. Expect a number of reskins from Rob and Papou.

and the civilian model:

Approved is the Learjet 60 model:

I must thank Rob and Pascal for testing the aircraft, and for helpful suggestions.
0-2 skymaster pics removed
Hope you enjoy them.

Ian
was the O-2 equipped with defense capabilities? what I've read and seen pics of has never had a cessna mounted with guns, based on readings it looks like it was only used for FOC stuff not any strategic targeting or even defensive roles

Hi Alex,

I thought the 0-2 Skymaster was used in Vietnam as a Forward Air Control aircraft, the hard points could take rockets or gunpods. The main rockets listed were the SSU-14A and the LAU-59A, these are the pods fitted to the model as products. It could be fitted with flares, I suppose they could be called "defensive" for modern aircraft but for this one I think they were for the FAC duties to illuminate targets for night action.

Ian

Thanks, Noel. I think I have 2 problems: 1) My ground is not flat. 2) I used one long invisible track from the runway beginning to where I want my aircraft to rise. I need to try shorter sections and straighten them as you say. Either that or start with blank flat baseboards and not TransDEM'ed terrain.

Andrew

I straighten my runway tracks as well.
If you have variable heights you could have a short straight section at each end of the runway and point them at each other so that the track between is straight from above but follows the contour. That way the aircraft doesn't wobble too much at high speed. You may have to tweak the track height slightly to ensure that the in between track doesn't end upbelow ground but it shouldn't be too much.
Or.
Use your terrain tool to flatten the runway.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Rob. I'll try those suggestions. But if my sanity starts to go, I'm falling back on the old belief that "The World is Flat". :hehe:

Andrew

you could also lay one full length of track and straighten, then insert spline points down the track then raise these points to match the contour of the terrain, straighten each piece as you go.

Gordon

Another good point, Gordon. Thanks! I'll have to put T:ANE away for a while and get back to my airport in TS12...

By the way, your Christchurch control tower looks fantastic!

Andrew

Another good point, Gordon. Thanks! I'll have to put T:ANE away for a while and get back to my airport in TS12...

By the way, your Christchurch control tower looks fantastic!

Andrew

Now if I could only work out how to put in a tracking camera with a longer viewing distance? any ideas anyone. The standard Auran camera has a range of only 200m

Gordon

There was a recent request for a Thomson Airways Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

This one was just uploaded today, together with two other 787 belonging to TUI Travel Group airlines: Arkefly from Netherland and JetAirfly from Belgium.
Same general livery, with different markings.

787-TUI-Travel_zpsb45d21aa.jpg

Boeing 787-8 Thomson Airways Startup,<kuid2:74222:12183:1>
Boeing 787-8 Arkefly Startup,<kuid2:74222:12184:1>
Boeing 787-8 JetAirfly Startup,<kuid2:74222:12185:1>

Pascal

Boeing 737 - Westjet Next Gen

Some of you will have a Westjet Boeing 737-7CT in your asset list that looks a bit like the one below by Maynard (nzms).

B737-7CTWestjet01_zps4d182fbd.jpg

Vulcan's new improved B737 models have allowed me to build some new members of the Westjet fleet. The 7CT (700 NG series) is the shortest of the Boeing's three "Next Gen" aircraft. The new 7CT is pretty close to Maynard's original. The obvious physical changes are; the winglets have been stretched a bit; and the dome position & shape have been altered. The stuff you can't see is the upgraded "avionics" by Vulcan Aviation. All the current commercial aircraft triggers & animations are now available. This will not update Maynard's asset (for obvious reasons you can't "Obsolete" another user's asset). This one is a start up version under my user ID.

B737-7CTWestjet02_zps2bc3d038.jpg

The 737-8CT (800 NG Series) is much longer than the 700 (the 900 series is even longer). The sizes aren't apparent until you line them up side by side. The easy tell is the extra over wing escape door & extra windows (if you can be bothered counting). You'll see much more white space toward the back of the aircraft from the Westjet logo.

B737-8CTWestjet01_zps082bc87f.jpg

You'll find the lights have been changed around.

B737-7CTWestjet03_zpsf767abff.jpg

Wheels up on exit from YVR.

B737-7CTWestjet04_zps6fe2e617.jpg

Available now on DLS.

Boeing 737-7CT Westjet Airlines (2001+) startup <KUID2:590184:100130:2>
Boeing 737-8CT WestJet Airlines (2005+) startup <KUID2:590184:100043:2>

Last edited:
Boeing 737-6CT - Westjet

The smaller & older 600 series 737s in the Westjet fleet are the ones that service the regional routes. They run from the bigger hubs like Vancouver & Calgary to the smaller towns like Grande Prairie for example.

B737-6CTWestjet01_zps638f4d8e.jpg

A keen eye will notice with this one that the turbines have a different look to them (below). It's an improvement that Vulcan has done for another project that I've pinched for this one & the other Westjet aircraft. The Next Gen pair have been updated to ver 2 with this improvement.

B737-6CTWestjet02_zpsa120f9b9.jpg

The Baby Boeing is now available on DLS.
Boeing 737-6CT Westjet (2005+) Startup <kuid2:590184:100260:1>

Last edited:
Nice reskins as usual, Rob! The view from the front on that last screen shot shows the engines with a slightly flattened look on the bottom. Is that correct? Reminds me of the old early German war jets (I forget the name... Messerschmitts?)

Andrew

Good work, Rob, as usual, you are writing the history of Westjet.

The taper look of the engine is correct. It is one main particular detail of the 737. The engines were so low that Boeing was obliged to place some of the accessories on the side of the reactor (and not below), to get enough clearance from the tarmac.

Pascal

Back