Murchison 2 Problems

skeeter314159

Hi guys, i just purchased Murchison 2 from steam and am curently using it as a stand alone. The route looks amaizing but i keep getting error reports about missing assets and there are some scenarios missing as well. Lastly, the ai drivers have no commands when the session starts, is this another possible error or is this normal? If anyone has any help it would be welcomed.
Thank you,
Grant Syverstad

Hi there,
Should have everything required in the pack. I would make sure that you have downloaded all files and have installed all files. If you still have problems you may have to enquire via steam. I am personally not a fan of steam and would recomend purchasing direct through N3V for all future puchases. I have had no problems with direct prchases.

Andrew.

There are post after post on these forums warning people not to use steam. I'm afraid your only hope is to contact steam. Good Luck.

Yeah i think you are right tomurban, although i have found the Steam support team to be quite good at handling these problems. Thank you for the reply.

Something to add on to this, Murchison 2 supposed to have commands for the AI drivers in the sessions or are they supposed to just be static?

You drive the route, but you can of course enter enter the A1 commands yourself as the are provided for you on the HTML pop up pages.
If you have a non steam version of TS12 you'd be better off buying a non steam version of Murchion 2 and add it to your TS12 and save yourself the grief.

Ken

Last edited:
Hi Skeeter

The problem is that the STEAM download is incomplete ... don't ask me why it has never been fixed as I have repeatedly pointed this out to N3V

Please feel free to contact me for a link to the FULL Murchison2 download
It will only be the files and will not include the CD key which STEAM will have given you.

However you will be able to reinstall using your CD key and it should solve all of your problems including the missing sessions.

mjsutton@xtra.co.nz

Michael

Hi Skeeter

The problem is that the STEAM download is incomplete ... don't ask me why it has never been fixed as I have repeatedly pointed this out to N3V

Please feel free to contact me for a link to the FULL Murchison2 download
It will only be the files and will not include the CD key which STEAM will have given you.

However you will be able to reinstall using your CD key and it should solve all of your problems including the missing sessions.

mjsutton@xtra.co.nz

Michael
I Just purchased from Steam a copy of Murchison 2 layout with 29 sessions listed. Unfortunately, the standalone executable is severely flawed because 1) only a small number of sessions are really available (15 per HD and SD versions) and 2) SAVE function does not work at all. In the past I quite enjoyed this great layout on TRS2006/2009. Since Steam offered a discounted version I dediced to update to TRS2010 but my purchase was so unfortunate. Is it possible to correct the errors? Thank you in advance. GM

I solved the trouble with Steam version of Murchison 2 layout standalone trainz simulator. I simply copied & pasted my own Trainz2010 /bin (files and subfolders) into steamapps/common/trainz.../bin folder and the launcher executable. Load and saving session are now full functional as well as all 29 sessions provided with the game.

Back