Missing junctions?

mikebwolf123

Okay, I resumed a saved session in Trainz 2010, which used a map I created. To my surprise, switches were randomly missing all over the map. The switch stand was still there, but the red and green arrows were gone, with two red arrows in their place. Not all switches had two red arrows, but most did.

Of course, I could not throw the switches with two red arrows. They were completely unusable. But when I started the session from scratch, all switches were back to normal. Also, the track that was connected to a junction with 2 red arrows was curvy and in some cases, completely distorted. The switch I used was the CNR switch stand, which is built in I believe. Is something wrong with this switch, or is this another bug of saving a session in trainz 2010?

I've had TS2010 for only a few months and have haven't seen that!
But last night after doing some work in surveyor, I did a quick drive. I took an excursion for a quick run. At the first station, I went from cab view to outside view to watch the passengers embark, then got back into the cab for the run to the next station. When I got there, I went outside to watch again, and there was no consist behind the loco!!!:wave:
Don't have a clue what happened there, except on the run up, sometimes the track in front of the loco disappeared!
Oh well!

Hi Mike - You have probably placed some of the junction levers in the session layer. When you resume a game (in TS2010 at least, which is the latest version I own), the lever arrows are red on both ends. Move the levers to the route layer. You can do that by selecting the properties window (? button) and changing the layer in the top right-hand corner.

Alternatively, merge the session layer with the route layer in the "Layers" tab, bottom right-hand button.

Hope this helps

Trevor

Hi Mike - You have probably placed some of the junction levers in the session layer. When you resume a game (in TS2010 at least, which is the latest version I own), the lever arrows are red on both ends. Move the levers to the route layer. You can do that by selecting the properties window (? button) and changing the layer in the top right-hand corner.

Alternatively, merge the session layer with the route layer in the "Layers" tab, bottom right-hand button.

Hope this helps

Trevor

Thanks very much, now the levers are working. In my opinion, layers seem to cause nothing but trouble. :eek:

Thanks very much, now the levers are working. In my opinion, layers seem to cause nothing but trouble. :eek:

Yes and no, Mike.

If you think of layers as just that, and sessions as a seperate item from the route (just like in TRS2004), then things work just fine. I have created various layers as I've worked on my route in TRS2010 and TS12. The layers are great for locking down basemap objects, or when placing small details on a platform. I lock the station for example, to a layer I call station. I then place all the little objects like luggage carts, additional people, etc. on the platforms, moving and adjusting them without moving the station too. When everything is done, I move the station back to the route layer and everything is together. When I am totally satisfied with my setup, I then delete my station-layer I created for working on the station.

When I work on a route, I create the default session on the first save any subsequent saves are save as and route only, and do not save any sessions.

When I am ready to create a driving session, I go into edit session, and create a session with driver parameters.

I only wish that there was some kind of banner or indication that we're working on a different layer so we know where we are. This can be confusing because everything is still the same color, etc. and objects can be placed on the session layer that should be on a route layer only. Receiving a telephone call or some other kind of interruption causea confusion and mess things up because we can forget where we are.

John

Back