Missing Junction Overlays - Even When CTRL H Is Pressed

RJDaddy2010

Hey All, i am having an odd issue with my personal route I am building on. I have Trainz22+ and I am on beta 122912. I recently loaded into my route to discover my junction overlays are missing. Even when I press CTRL H they do not appear with the Red/Green arrows that we have all grown to love(sarcasm). Even with this said, The junction name or default name shows up as normal. Just no arrows. I have searched on here, I have searched Google, Trainz Discord, Youtube, etc. With absolutely no luck. I have done a database repair, an extended data base repair, I have tried CDPing them and deleting, re installing, still nothing. Here is the kicker, I go to another route and BAM they are there as they should be. I may add, the switches work normal, they will line the train as it should be. Just no arrows. I have no way to know how they are lined without zooming in on the points. Or, hoping my signals are correct and knowing what is up ahead. I am at wits end and have no idea what else to do. Pictures are attached for reference.

Picture 1 : Obviously showing my Content Manager
Picture 2 : From another route showing they work proper
Picture 3: Showing my personal route without the Green and Red Arrows.

Thanks in advance! Rob

image.png
image.png
image.png

If you create a new route, a simple blank text route, and place the same junction you are using now, does it work fine?

The switch machine looks like the US&S M-23 black or similar?

I tested this and it works fine in my copy. Totally weird...

Yes if I do a basic 1 baseboard new route with the same track and same switchmachine it works as intended. And yes it is the US&S Points Machine generic to the RR Mods Sandusky Route

Yes if I do a basic 1 baseboard new route with the same track and same switchmachine it works as intended. And yes it is the US&S Points Machine generic to the RR Mods Sandusky Route
This issue is inherent to your route then. I've seen weirdness with older routes as time goes on. I referred to this in the past as route-rot. It can be a bit disheartening as we worked on projects that span not only many Trainz versions but a couple of decades. Sometimes, you can recover your route but don't do anything without backups first, so save your route and any sessions you may have to a .cdp file and please give the file a name other than Content-Archive, which is really helpful!

Now for the fix...

Create a new route. This doesn't have to be anything special, just a simple blank square. You don't even have to give it a name.

Merge in your "broken" route on to one end and save.

Do the junctions show their arrows now?

If so, using Save-As, save the route with the original route name and you forward since you have recovered your route.

If you want to, we can assist you with moving your sessions forward to the new-fixed route.

This issue is inherent to your route then. I've seen weirdness with older routes as time goes on. I referred to this in the past as route-rot. It can be a bit disheartening as we worked on projects that span not only many Trainz versions but a couple of decades. Sometimes, you can recover your route but don't do anything without backups first, so save your route and any sessions you may have to a .cdp file and please give the file a name other than Content-Archive, which is really helpful!

Now for the fix...

Create a new route. This doesn't have to be anything special, just a simple blank square. You don't even have to give it a name.

Merge in your "broken" route on to one end and save.

Do the junctions show their arrows now?

If so, using Save-As, save the route with the original route name and you forward since you have recovered your route.

If you want to, we can assist you with moving your sessions forward to the new-fixed route.
Hello! I have assisted him with the bug and I can 100% confirm there is a weird issue. I saw his post and then contacted him to send me his route. The route had the same problem, so it was a route problem. I have found the fix of merging the route, which makes it work well. He said the problem appeared after a merge on the initial route.

Hello! I have assisted him with the bug and I can 100% confirm there is a weird issue. I saw his post and then contacted him to send me his route. The route had the same problem, so it was a route problem. I have found the fix of merging the route, which makes it work well. He said the problem appeared after a merge on the initial route.
Something must've become corrupted during the initial merging in of the other route. I've had weird things happen before such as all scenery-objects totally disappear or all tracks and splines disappear but other objects remain. During another route-merge, I ended up with trees in space. I had to tap the ground underneath the forests to plant the trees on the ground. This wasn't restricted to trees either. I found out later when I saw buildings and rocks floating above the landscape. The problem is there are so many variants on the same issue making this a bug that's truly impossible to find. If this was repeatable and had the same results each time, then a fix would've been done. I worked with the dev's on the trees in space issue and that was never solved at least in T: ANE but has disappeared in TRS19 and above.

For those that are looking for a solution but don't want to read the whole thread.

Create a single baseboard route with nothing on it and merge in the corrupted route. This works 99% of the time to fix unexplainable weirdness with routes.

Back