Kuji Rail sim release date Friday 5th October 2007

One thing I have to say again Trainz Surveyor is 100% user friendly than Kuju's World Editor.:D

In Trainz when you build Lakes, Rivers you can take the camera under water not in Kuju's Rail Sim water just looks like ground Texture.:hehe:

Got to admit, RS's World Editor is quite a learning curve from Surveyour :hehe:

Still, overall its a good sim

But i'll stick with trainz till some user content is flying about ... *hint hint* :p

Gangsta_Boi

One thing I have to say again Trainz Surveyor is 100% user friendly than Kuju's World Editor.:D

In Trainz when you build Lakes, Rivers you can take the camera under water not in Kuju's Rail Sim water just looks like ground Texture.:hehe:

while i definetly agree that the KRS route builder is way more complex, the water looks way better in KRS, rivers actually seem to flow and the sun reflects of the water. i think you can build lakes as well as rivers as there is one near the powerplant in didcot:)

IMHO, we shouldn't be afraid of learning curves but learning curves leading to worse results than what we had now. ;) And that's what this Kuju stuff seems to me now.

Who fears learning curve wolf!!! Little Red Alberte :hehe:

:wave:

@Vern

Can you tell something about the tools. Are there some problems with releasing the tools because of copywrith?

Greetz Laika:wave:

Last edited:
No one is quite certain what is included in the mysterious "developer tools", only that without them scope for expansion of (EA) Rail Sim - even simple activities - is seriously constrained.

There are various conspiracy theories floating around on UKTS as to exactly why these weren't included in the box but I won't go into those here.

I still need to see a bit more of the sim and attempt to write some sort of balanced review but I think it's fair to say over the winter I will be sticking with my scheme to produce a northern Swedish route in TRS2004. I won't be rushing headfirst into EARS until and if the issues are sorted out and the tools to develop fully realised routes with proper activity/scenario building capabilities are in place and stabilised.

I wonder if maybe this puts into perspective Aurans decision to build on what it has vs building a new sim ?

I feel the same as Vern, it has potential but the ball is in RSD's court and I will wait to see how things turn out with the extra tools and hopefully a good patch or two ( sooner than latter I hope ).

John

Dont know wether i should be saying this here but:

Theres a Class 08 folder in the KRS programs folder, but its empty ...

I can see into the future *eriee music plays ...*

G_B

I was thinking of buying KRS but from reading the messages related to KRS on Train-Sim and UK Train Sim forums, I thought that EA and Kuju screwed up KRS. I'm not sure about MSTS-X because it requires Windows Vista to run. I bought every version of Trainz from community version to TRS2006. I didn't buy Trainz Classics programs because I thought that they are "stripped-down" version of Trainz with content for one or two routes only. I am interested in creating the entire NYCTA subway system but I don't know if I can create it on Trainz Classics. I created it in TRS2004. I tried to create it in TRS2006 but I had problems.

while i definetly agree that the KRS route builder is way more complex, the water looks way better in KRS, rivers actually seem to flow and the sun reflects of the water. i think you can build lakes as well as rivers as there is one near the powerplant in didcot:)

I have to agree on that one the water looks way better in KRS from a distance and when you're close to the water it does not look good.

Has anyone been able to successfully download Rail Sim and if so, could you please give us the link?

The problem with EA still remains. Rail Simulator has disapperaed from the EA catalague and those (many people) who had purchase it on-line to be downloaded se haow the ill-fated EA Downlaod Manger says that it is to be released in 4 days 15 hours :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:.

You can follow this thread to check how things are not evolving to a positive solution.

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=74805

Alberte :wave:

Last edited:
I was thinking of buying KRS but from reading the messages related to KRS on Train-Sim and UK Train Sim forums

Yes, Jeff. Many people on those forums (not very suspicious of being Trainz fanatics) are ranking/labelling RS as a very incomplete release, wondering if it was really betatested, or even alphatested.

Should they have hired Trainzy testers? :hehe:

Alberte :wave:

Is Trainz fully compatible with Vista?
That seems to depends on whom you ask. Many people on this forum report having made it work with Vista but it does seem to require a few things to be adjusted. A search of this forum for the word "vista" should list the relevant threads with all the details.

John

Thank you for your response. BTW, I did a search before I posted, but Trainz/Vista did not come up with anything and a search on Vista alone talked mainly about MSTS 2 and RS. I must have missed something.

Back