AnnouncingTrainz™ Simulator 2009 & Trainz™ Simulator X

http://www.ts2009.com/newsletter/dec/Dec.html

In this newsletter the Engineer version was supposed to come out for TS2009, which never did. We jumped right to TS2010 ?
Correct.
So where is the Engineer version of 2009 ?

Does TS2010 combine with TS2009 as promised ?
What would have been TS2009EE became TS2010 and a full version instead of a crippled version without Surveyor - a better deal IMHO. You are quite right however that the high res content on a regular basis never happened, probably because all that was available went into TS2010 and effectively you got it all in one go instead of a bit at a time. Notice that it was never said that the hi res content would be free.

Paul

So I am correct to say that the only reason anyone would have purchased TS2009 would be for the high resolution graphics, yet there were none and now Auran is trying to get everyone who bought TS2009 to pay for it again with TS2010, when all you really are getting with TS2010 is 3 more high resolution trains and a few trees, kind of steep for 50 dollars more.

So tell me why I should by TS2010 ? Better yet convince me that TS2010 isn't the same kind of scam Auran pulled with TS2009.

So I am correct to say that the only reason anyone would have purchased TS2009 would be for the high resolution graphics, yet there were none and now Auran is trying to get everyone who bought TS2009 to pay for it again with TS2010, when all you really are getting with TS2010 is 3 more high resolution trains and a few trees, kind of steep for 50 dollars more.

So tell me why I should by TS2010 ? Better yet convince me that TS2010 isn't the same kind of scam Auran pulled with TS2009.
No, you are not correct that the only reason to buy TS2009 was the hi res graphics. There were many improvements to the graphics engine, the interface (the new filter system for one) and CMP. There were also four hi res assets included with TS2009 and this was no secret that there were only four.

I don't really feel the need to explain to you why you should buy TS2010 as I assume you are capable of reading the information provided by Auran and here to make your own judgement. That's normally how things work in the real world.

Paul

In my experience, I was sorely disappointed with 2009. ( I think I described '09 as '04 with lipstick) TS2010 has been no problem at all... none of the strange graphics problems I experienced with '09 have returned with 2010.
( same computer, no upgrades in hardware or software)
Content manager works flawlessly, I couldn't even access the DLS from my '09 install. Go buy it, you won't regret it. It also supports the company so we can have future releases.:)

Three posts says that xscremist is fairly new to Trainz. The information here is only available after you have a registered copy of Trainz. Going by marketing, no mention of a need to upgrade to 10 mentioned when they sell you 09, that bit of info you need a membership to find out. Pretty easy to see why people are frustrated and Auran needs to clean up the advertising a bit.

Pretty harsh telling someone the new copy they bought is useless and they need to upgrade. As is keeping that info unavailable until after the purchase.

Dave....

;xscreamist556352 said:

Hi xscreamist
Would you have been happier if you could only get 2010 content if you had 2009? Because this is all it boils down to.

when all you really are getting with TS2010 is 3 more high resolution trains and a few trees,

No my friend, there are some fantastic new routes, just as good as the ones for sale. I am not saying that 2010 is perfect but it's a BIG step forward.

They had to call it 2010 because by the time all the main bugs were squashed, (and there were a lot) it was too late. Auran could have launched a 2009EE, but with all the bugs there were you would have far-far more to complain about than you have now, Auran have literally bent over backwards to get it to this stage, and frankly the new content alone is worth the price I paid, despite already having 2009.

Each person has only so much money to throw in the same hole. I have every version of this cursed/blessed game except 2010, but enough is enough. I will purchase it when it's a few versions behind....maybe. It's not a matter of bitterness, as much as it is a matter of economics.

I also hesitate to buy again for fear of what the NEXT version will change, and the one after that. Obviously they have to sell something every year, but for now I can make do with 2006. TC1 & 2 and 3, and 2009 are not even worth the trouble, 2010 sounds great to a certain extent, but I guess the dry pull out of 2009 has left me version shy.*

*And no; I didn't get candy or dinner or even cab fare!:eek:

Each person has only so much money to throw in the same hole. I have every version of this cursed/blessed game except 2010, but enough is enough. I will purchase it when it's a few versions behind....maybe. It's not a matter of bitterness, as much as it is a matter of economics.

I also hesitate to buy again for fear of what the NEXT version will change, and the one after that. Obviously they have to sell something every year, but for now I can make do with 2006. TC1 & 2 and 3, and 2009 are not even worth the trouble, 2010 sounds great to a certain extent, but I guess the dry pull out of 2009 has left me version shy.*

*And no; I didn't get candy or dinner or even cab fare!:eek:

I think you're missing something major. The graphics engine has been substantially improved, the bug list is down, steam loco support is better, technically it can use more than one core in a dual or quad processor and it works the graphics card harder which is what it should do. The newer content is very good as well, there's even something for the US Whitepass's new boxcars.

Cheerio John

TS2010 is the way to go, but clearly the saga of TS2009 has left a bitter taste in many peoples' mouths.

Paul

Each person has only so much money to throw in the same hole. . . . .
I don't understand why anyone would buy '09 when '10 was also being marketed as the next version to be release unless you fell for that old line of Auran is in desperate needs of money after the Fury fiasco.

I haven't felt sympathy for Auran in years because they burn that bridge when they practicably abandon Trainz in order to put Fury into production.

But don't worry Auranites. I'm a railroad simulator enthusiast and will buy Trainz 2010's.

Most people got TRS 2009 WBE because TRS 2009 EE (now TRS 2010 EE) was not going to have surveyor. But a year after TRS 2009 WBE was released they said that TRS 2010 EE was going to be a complete game.

hert:wave:

Most people got TRS 2009 WBE because TRS 2009 EE (now TRS 2010 EE) was not going to have surveyor. But a year after TRS 2009 WBE was released they said that TRS 2010 EE was going to be a complete game.

hert:wave:

Yep.

And in response to Mr. Whelan; yeah...it could have tiny little engineers drinking coffee climbing into and out of the cabs too, but I can wait for that too...:D

Not everyone cares for the new content. Speedtree for me is a major let down and I have no interest in them (nicest way I know to say it). Routes, I already have or have had at one time, the ones that interest me, so nothing new there.

I bought 09 for some particular reasons:
5m grid, rendered useless in compatibility mode.
Supposed performance gains, hampered in compatibility mode.
Better signaling, that they actually got right.

Fix the alpha issues in native mode so I can enjoy the hype on the box and I'll happily go away. Upgrading is not an option. As it stands I paid for little more than what I have in other versions and the loss of supposed faulty content which ran fine until now. I see zero difference and in some cases worse performance in 09.

And don't forget they are still selling ALL versions of Trainz on their website. A new buyer may see 09 a good deal. They aren't privy to the info here until they register a product. Its only then they see what they have bought and understandably may feel cheated.

Dave.....

Yep.

And in response to Mr. Whelan; yeah...it could have tiny little engineers drinking coffee climbing into and out of the cabs too, but I can wait for that too...:D

You can do that in TRS2004. Blender and then animate it.:Y:

Cheerio John

They aren't privy to the info here until they register a product. Its only then they see what they have bought and understandably may feel cheated.

Dave.....

With all due respect Dave; you can view much of the forums as a guest without registering a product. Whether someone knows the forums are here or not is another question. I'd like to imagine that everyone who is considering buying ANYTHING these days does a Google search for reviews first, but I'd also like to imagine that my retirement fund will have enough money to sustain me until I perish. I kind of doubt that as well.

And John; (may I call you John?), I don't use 2004...:p

With all due respect Dave; you can view much of the forums as a guest without registering a product. Whether someone knows the forums are here or not is another question. I'd like to imagine that everyone who is considering buying ANYTHING these days does a Google search for reviews first, but I'd also like to imagine that my retirement fund will have enough money to sustain me until I perish. I kind of doubt that as well.

And John; (may I call you John?), I don't use 2004...:p

You may call me John, Blender will even create for your UTC.:clap:

Cheerio John

I cannot wait until TSX, but I am also a MSTS fan, too. But Trainz is better...

NickA

TAKE THAT MICROSOFT!:hehe:

I think a good name for it would be Trainz Railroad Simulator 2011: Unlimited Edition or something like that...:D

Last edited:
Back