(K&L trainz) The Standard Mainline of the World

Looks like it includes both the Pittsburgh, Mon, and Conemaugh lines. I live up at CP-RADE on the Pittsburgh line,and I would gladly help you with this massive undertaking if you would be kind enough to let me. I love doing massive undertakings like this. I would have done this a while ago but I never acquired TransDEM for my own use.

I'll gladly lay down tracks if that is what you would like. When can I start, no pay necessary if it means I can have my hometown line on Trainz.

I'l start working on Conway to Chiland then...... By the way, how big is the route from Altoona to pittsburgh in comparison to say, UMR 2013?

Last edited:
Jackson, The Milepost at Penn Station in Pittsburgh is at MP 353. CP ANTIS at the north end of Altoona is at MP 232.3. Factoring in the line to Conway,20 miles from Penn Station, It would be a total of 141 miles total, with just the Pittsburgh line. Factoring in the Conemaugh line would add 78 miles.

219 Miles of ROW.

Single, double, triple, yard, sidings, etc. would leave around 550 Miles of track on this route. This will undoubtedly be a massive under taking, even with tracks being laid by more than just us. When and if I am given the Go-Ahead to start laying track, it will be done in sections. A list is compiled below.

CP stands for control point and indicates interlockings on the Pittsburgh Line.

1. Conway Yard to (CP PITT)
2. (CP PITT) to (CP RADE)
3. (CP RADE) to (CP CONPIT)
4. (CP CONPIT) to (CP-C) in Johnstown, or the end of currently laid Altoona - Johnstown trackage.

Then would building the route in segments, lets say Altoona - Johnstown, Johnstown - Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh - Crestline, Crestline - Chicago would be more versatile in terms of framerates? Two or more very long routes covering entire subdivisions including spur lines and yards with accurate scenery wotld bring a computer to its knees, not to mention when running a session. And Deadpool, my offer still stands, if you're interested.

Last edited:
Then would building the route in segments, lets say Altoona - Johnstown, Johnstown - Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh - Crestline, Crestline - Chicago would be more versatile in terms of framerates? Two or more very long routes covering entire subdivisions including spur lines and yards with accurate scenery wotld bring a computer to its knees, not to mention when running a session.
dude thats way to far to go, ever!

Well he just released the E6 on his own thread.

and on the subject of screenshots, here.
fc47c0a01867bbb695846b524a1e91e8.jpg

Back