K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

Do I spy a UP Section?
32d0ceac7145c9e5b61ffa7720730275.png

Can't wait to see what UP steamers are in store for us. But right now I got my eyes on that Frisco decapod.
2 words: Frisco 1630

Must be the UP 844.
It might not. Steve has replied to many comments on YouTube about people asking for it. ANL is remaking his and will possibly be releasing them on JointedRail sooner or later. But I am VERY excited for 2 releases in particular:
Frisco Decapod (Frisco 1630)
Milwaukee Road A Class Hiawatha (Which I hope will include the full consist)

I was hoping for A C&NW Section, but GTW? that's good enough. Is it going to be Pacific 5629? ( such a sad tale ) or Mountain 6039?
I've seen 6039 in Steamtown roundhouse beside Nickel Plate 759. Also in there is CN 3254, CP 2317, and DL&W 565 ( I think )

Last edited:
Hey Steve, how do you install the updates? Do you have to send another E-Mail with the updated locomotives?
You have to download them again. If your link doesn't work, i'll have to send you a new one.

I wasn't going to buy this set since the Cotton Belt doesn't interest me that much but then someone said GS-8 :D
I actually used more images and models of a GS8 to build the Cotton Belt engine. There is surprisingly a scare amount of good shots of 819 running.

Do I spy a UP Section?
Clearly :cool:

2 words: Steve has replied to many comments on YouTube about people asking for it. ANL is remaking his and will possibly be releasing them on JointedRail sooner or later.
I am not sure what their exact plans are for their FEF. I have my own plans to work on something UP and take a trip out to Cheyenne and personally check out the engine shops.

Ann Arbor, Milwaukee Road, Great Western, Grand Trunk Western, Union Pacific.........oh boy! this is fun
Definitely NOT Ann Arbor

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :clap: Big Boy 4014 would blow me away! And Steve, What is the Whistle sound for the GS8?

Last edited:
I was hoping for A C&NW Section
There will be one day in the future as I do have plans to do a commission with Steve (once he has spots opened up) on having him do C&NW 4-6-0 #1385 but it will be awhile since Steve is full up on Commissions for a while and when they do open up I have a few other projects I want him to do first before 1385. I took a quick look at your 819 set Steve and I love the engines and cars. Going to give it a test run shortly.

I memory serves, the SP usually used Hancock 3 chimes on their locomotives, same as the whistle on UP 844. In fact, SP 4449 currently uses a Hancock 3 chime that was found up for sale on ebay.

Source: https://youtu.be/1oqNJHMorqs

Correct. I can't confirm anything about the GS-8's, but in my research I learned the GS-2 class and GS-6 class had not only Hancock 3 chime whistles, but also Southern Pacific 6 chime. The SP 6 chime was not mounted on GS series engines until the mid-40's. and in the case of some of the GS-2s, 5 chime whistles.

Do note the Hancock 3 chime was tuned to a slightly different pitch than the Union Pacific ones.

Here's some more info on Hancock 3 chimes: http://uphs.org/the-streamliner/streamliner-extra/hancock-long-bell-3-chime-whistle-recordings/

Back