JR Content Fixes for TS2 Mac?

dgallina

Hi JR Team,

Are you planning to fix your content for compatibility with TS 2 mac? The new revision has more strict error-checking that TS 12 w/ SPs and LOTS of new and historical JR content fails to run due to errors.

I'm guessing you'll need to do the work eventually anyways since TANE will be AT LEAST as strict with asset enforcement if not more so.

Diego

Hi Diego!

Can you contact me at support at jointedrail dot com and make it ATTN: Mike.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Diego,

Since TS2 Mac is essentially a port of TS12 at Service Pack 1 ( thus the errors your getting) it should be as simple as following the guide we made available to fix any content when SP1 was introduced for TS12.

Take a look at the following thread and check out the PDF file linked to in the thread. This should get everything squared away.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?100593-JOINTEDRAIL-SP1-UPDATES-HOW-TO-THREAD

If you have any concerns after going thru this and applying the updates and such just shoot us a email to the support email and we can work with you to develop a MAC specific update procedure if its required, but I don't think it should be necessary at this point.

-Kevin

Hi Kevin and Mike,

I can't go into specifics due to NDA, but I can confirm that TS2 Mac isn't QUITE the same as TS12 SP1 in terms of error checking.

I've installed the SP1 updates from JR and can confirm that some of those updated assets themselves show faulty under TS2 Mac. Cab Running Numbers Black Swiss, LED Segment Green, LED Segment Red. etc. The error being generated for these is "Image file "x.tga is incorrectly used as both a texture.txt resource file and a raw image file". Other content I've purchased shows this and other errors.

I can, of course, edit these manually to fix, but IMO JR will want to fix these issues in current and new content since the next PC update will have same or stricter error checking.

Let me know if you want to pursue offline and thanks. I'm dgallina at comcast dot net

Diego

Back