JR CN C40-2

LouP73

Hi,

This may be old hat but anyone know how to get my CN C40-2 running with TS12 SP1? there is some error about the wipers an I installed the all the SP1 fixes from the JR site.

LouP

If you could just copy and paste the error, maybe it is something more simple than you think. We could help you better with more detail given. I'm guessing it is one of the following:

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.9 are no longer supported.
Warning: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
Warning: The texture 'mesh_shadow/black.tga' is a uniform color. *

* this may be listed as some other .TGA file.

Here are the warnings:

Not faulty: Adirondack type bogey Modern CSX
Not faulty: Arn library, v2.02
Faulty: C40-8 cab mechanism 2
Not faulty: C40-8 engine
Not faulty: CN C40-8 cab shell
Not faulty: Ditchlight
Not faulty: flame
Not faulty: GE 7FDL16 Diesel Engine Sound
Faulty: GE dash8 std cab front wipers center
Faulty: GE dash8 std cab front wipers left
Faulty: GE dash8 std cab front wipers right
Faulty: GE dash8 std cab rear wipers left
Faulty: GE dash8 std cab rear wipers right
Not faulty: Jointed Rail Train Effects library v 1.26e
Not faulty: K3LA
Not faulty: Locomotive sound effects library v1.05

Again,

I installed the updates on he site including the one I was directed to above.

LouP

You need the GE Standard cabs update and the wiper update at the link below. This solves the faulty issues your seeing definitely. Only thing that may be happening is these are not installing, but rather being skipped when you try to install the updates. If this happens, check the open for edit tab of content manager and make sure nothing is open for edit, as your working items may be sitting there just waiting to be committed.

If this isnt the case, delete the faulty ones noted above and simply install the two files I noted above here entirely and you should be just fine.

http://jointedrail.com/index.php/dependencies/sp1-updates.html

Really, so I am imagining all of this. Who the heck are you????

He's a person who has been on these forums for quite a while. He knows his stuff. So you've gotten as far as finding which assets are faulty, now right click on those assets that showed faulty and click on the "view errors and warnings" box that pops up. Copy and paste your findings here. Also, make sure you have downloaded everything on this page: http://jointedrail.com/index.php/dependencies/sp1-updates.html, because if you have SP1 then other things will have problems too, the items listed there should fix them.

Good luck!

C40 cab mech:

Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'art_icon.tga'.

Turns out it's the same error for all the other items, also.

And thank you for your help.

Alright this is an easy one to fix. Open it for edit in content creator plus. On the left there will be several text links. Go to thumbnails, or whatever they call the folder containing the images, then it'll display two sub categories, 0 and 1. Click zero. That'll pull up all of the stuff in zero. In CCP many errors will be highlighted in yellow or red, red in this case. There'll be a box highlighted in red. Next to this box will be another box with a "..." in it. Click this box, and find a image file to use (if you can find the image that was supposedly "non-existent", that'd be best). Once you've replaced the image, save and commit. Repeat for the rest of the broken content. That should fix your errors.

Last edited:
The files given to replace are not faulty. I made sure they were fixed. Please be sure that you installed the new ones and made sure they are committed to the database.

The files given to replace are not faulty. I made sure they were fixed. Please be sure that you installed the new ones and made sure they are committed to the database.

Hi Guys,

First, thanks for all the help. I downloaded the files from the JR site two times so the only possible issue would be the they are not installing for some reason. I checked and all the assets are committed after I tried the install. I don't know why the won't install but just won't so I'll fix them manually as directed above and let you know how I make out.

LouP

Back