Jointed Rail Trainz 06 Problems

scl3618

Recently after attempting to download the JR Chessie GPs, nearly all of my Jointed Rail content, with the exception of a few pieces, has stopped working. They all display the same error warning:
Error: The tag 'max-size-mul' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'dl_corona')
Any help on how to resolve this problem would be welcome.
Thanks. :)

OK - to fix the max-size-mul issue, you will need to edit the config file (using either Content Creator Plus or Notepad) and remove the offending item.

It is possible though that any new items added from them may be the problem, as they may have a higher trainz-build number, effectively making them not work in TRS2006.

Shaen

OK - to fix the max-size-mul issue, you will need to edit the config file (using either Content Creator Plus or Notepad) and remove the offending item.

It is possible though that any new items added from them may be the problem, as they may have a higher trainz-build number, effectively making them not work in TRS2006.

Shaen
Thanks for that. I tried swapping out the newer coronas with the old ones, but that didn't do anything. The build number bit makes the best sense.

Thanks for that. I tried swapping out the newer coronas with the old ones, but that didn't do anything. The build number bit makes the best sense.

Send me an email at support@jointedrail.com and I can try sending you an older version of the TrainFX part. That was updated for those Chessie GP's and may have been your problem in 06 that messed everything up. I could also try one or two other files.

agian, the max size multiplier warning is not an error. this is an oversight/bug in CMP. if you remove this, you wont be able to see the lights beyond a certain distance, but either way that wont stop anything from working.

the chessie GPs are NOT going to work in TRS06 without substantial changes to their internal workings, including script knowhow and several config changes. we do not support 06 anymore because of those kinds of issues. it is simply not worth it to downgrade features for the sake of compatibility with older builds. they will work in build 2.9 and up.

agian, the max size multiplier warning is not an error. this is an oversight/bug in CMP. if you remove this, you wont be able to see the lights beyond a certain distance, but either way that wont stop anything from working.

the chessie GPs are NOT going to work in TRS06 without substantial changes to their internal workings, including script knowhow and several config changes. we do not support 06 anymore because of those kinds of issues. it is simply not worth it to downgrade features for the sake of compatibility with older builds. they will work in build 2.9 and up.
I see. I understand why the change was made now. Thanks for the info as well.

Send me an email at support@jointedrail.com and I can try sending you an older version of the TrainFX part. That was updated for those Chessie GP's and may have been your problem in 06 that messed everything up. I could also try one or two other files.
I recieved the assets last night, but I've yet to get them into trainz due to limited time . But thank you very much for taking the time to send them over.

About 80% of the content from jointed rail appears faulty in trainz 2006 now. I plan on getting trainz 2009 or 2010 this summer. How long will you support trainz 2009. I miss using the content from Jointed Rail.

i will support any version of trainz as long as it does not hinder the progress of quality and functionality of the items. TRS 2006 does, so it is not supported. if you are trying to put recent content into TRS06 you will see the problems mentioned here, because the new and updated content uses the new methods and/or build numbers and can quite possibly break existing items that you have even if they previously worked. i can only stress that you DO NOT attempt to add items made for later versions into 06. it doesnt make much sense and i cannot use valuable support time on forcing a square peg into a round hole.

Back