Install trains/wagons

Gabs_Trainz

Hello! I have seen some trains and trams I want to add into TRS22 (Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022) from Steam Workshop. And I don’t know how to do it. How do you install/insert trains into TRS22 from Steam Workshop?

Hello! I have seen some trains and trams I want to add into TRS22 (Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022) from Steam Workshop. And I don’t know how to do it. How do you install/insert trains into TRS22 from Steam Workshop?
there is no steam workshop for trainz... Content manager Yes Steam Workshop NO.... Store page Yes (these are Payware meaning Credit Card is involved when buying them DLC Page same thing as Store Page!

I do have Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 Platinum Edition. I have subscribed to a train I want to drive. But in the workshop, it says: Subscribe to download.
Then how do I download the asset to TRS22 after I've subscribed?

Could you please post a link to the train that you have subscribed to on Steam?

To copy the link.
1) Click on the page link in Steam
2) Paste the link here

I think that you have subscribed to a 'Transport Fever 2' or 'Cities Skylines' locomotive or rolling stock that you want to drive in 'Trainz'.
You cannot subscribe to locomotives or rolling stock for Train Simulator Classic, these are routes and scenarios only..

Here is a link to the train I want to download. Is this the link you were asking for?
That's for Cities Skylines and not for Trainz. Models created for one can't be used in the other.

Your best bet is to download from the Download Station. Click on Manage Content located on the Trainz Launcher. Change the filter to On Download Station and have a go. The content will be installed automatically and should include dependencies. Sometimes, there are missing dependencies and we have a separate thread to assist you with finding them.

That's for Cities Skylines and not for Trainz. Models created for one can't be used in the other.

Your best bet is to download from the Download Station. Click on Manage Content located on the Trainz Launcher. Change the filter to On Download Station and have a go. The content will be installed automatically and should include dependencies. Sometimes, there are missing dependencies and we have a separate thread to assist you with finding them.

As John has already stated, that add on is for Cities Skylines! I knew it had to be either Transport Fever 2 or Cities Skylines, because I have both of these games as well as Train Simulator Classic which all has a Steam workshop.

Also, another thing to point out. Both Transport Fever 2 and Cities Skylines, really doesn't allow you to physically drive trains in-game, you are only following what it does and where it goes. Pretty much both games are like way better than Sim City 4 ;)

Back