Importing CDP Issues, Help Please

Kegg_Works

Hey all, I hope this is the right place to post this. If not point me in the right direction and I'll re-post the thread in the appropriate area of the forum.

I've been a Trainz user since about 2005 and I'm currently running Trainz 2006. I'm hoping to get TRS12 in the near future. Anyway, I've been having a problem that has been occurring more frequently and is now almost constant. When I import content into the CMP using File-Import CDPs nearly half or more of the content I try to imports ends up reading as "Unable to open CDP". Characterized by the red dot with the "X" in the middle. Is there a way to correct this issue and install the content? Any and all help would be immensely appreciated.

I use TRS2006 all the time, I have registered 10, and 12 versions, I manually backdate allot of 12 assets trainz-build numerals to work in 06, but it is a complete waste of time, and creates thousands of errors, that need manually fixing to work in 06.

If you get on free Skype perhaps I can help ... I use 06 as it runs on a low end ancient integrated graphics laptop, and I use 06 to lay track on my 06 routes ... which I will someday be importing my routes into 10, and 12, for use on my desktop PC, that is capable of running 10, 12 and T:ANE

I use TRS2006 all the time, I have registered 10, and 12 versions, I manually backdate allot of 12 assets trainz-build numerals to work in 06, but it is a complete waste of time, and creates thousands of errors, that need manually fixing to work in 06.

If you get on free Skype perhaps I can help ... I use 06 as it runs on a low end ancient integrated graphics laptop, and I use 06 to lay track on my 06 routes ... which I will someday be importing my routes into 10, and 12, for use on my desktop PC, that is capable of running 10, 12 and T:ANE

At this time I'm unable to use Skype, but I hope in the near future I can. However the content I've been trying to import and install is already for TRS06. I know that attempting to backdate later content is a long and tedious process, or can be. So I try to stick with content made for TRS04/06 to hopefully avoid any issues. So that's what is raising my question here. Since the content is compatible why is the CMP not able to open it?

Have you checked the filenames of the files you are trying to install? Trainz does not like non-english characters in CDP filenames.

Shane

Give me the exact name, or kuid, of an asset that you are having problems with, and I will see if the same problem happens to me.

BTW, what are you PC specs: Vista, Windows 7, 8, I3, I5, I7, 32 or 64 bit OS, RAM, HD size, CPU GHz speed (mine is 1.73 GHz lol), and video card name/model (mine is on motherboard integrated graphics, which will not play 09, 10, 12, nor T:ANE)

Last edited:
I would suggest checking though for any special symbols like German or French characters have, as well as any symbols other than letters and numbers.

Shane

There are quite a few, well actually a lot of files that just wont open for the CMP.

The creator is Danl on the DLS and I downloaded a lot of his whistle files. All fore American Steam and mostly focusing on Narrow Gauge locomotives. I downloaded all of his C-16 and C-18 whistle files and many more. I'll list C-18 file names and Kuids for a start.

D&P C-18 horn sound: KUID:344000:1291
D&P C-18_1 horn sound: KUID:344000:1311
D&P C-18_2 horn sound: KUID:344000:1312
D&P C-18_3 horn sound: KUID:344000:1313
D&P C-18_4 horn sound: KUID:344000:1314
D&P C-18_5 horn sound: KUID:344000:1315

I'm having toruble with all of these and then some. As mentioned above I down loaded nearly all of his steam whistle files. Some of which did install, but most of them didn't. Regardless of the file names. Also, I did download the files FTP and saved them to a folder. Mainly because if I ever have to reinstall the game (or loose it entirely) I don't have to spend countless hours re-downloading all that content again. I don't know if that would be a factor, but maybe that can help find a solution?

If you do not have 09, 10, nor 12, versions ... or you don't have a FCT ... Downloading in 06 may be difficult or impossible.

I can download it directly from the in-game DLS, and I am checking whether downloading via FTP, save file, open file, is the problem
===================
I tried every way, and it downloads properly as asset name: CDP kuid_344000_1315

I did not try the "Import Content" method, as my CM it can not find any content

Last edited:
I only have TRS06 and I do not have a First Class Ticket. However I've downloaded much content off of the DLS by saving to file and importing the CDPs through the CMP. Which previously hasn't been a problem. No issues at all, but over the last week or so half the CDPs I want to import refuse to open, even though I have installed them before on a different PC or installation.

I may try that. Also I've saved a few more, but under their Kuids rather than names. Just to see if that works out any better. I'll let you know of the results when I can.

Hey all, sorry it's been a few days since my last response. Though I think I may have discovered the problem with importing CDPs into the CMP.

At the time of downloading and saving the CDPs to file I was doing multiple downloads at once. This may have inadvertently corrupted the files. I re-downloaded some of the content I was having trouble with, but I let each one finish downloading before I started the next file. I'm trying this on other content as well and I will let you know how it goes.

Back