Humpback Bridges

rhban

Humpbacks are not everyone's cup of tea and possibly they are not even known in some countries, but they are still pretty common in Britain, and I have found them very useful in my routes. So why do they all seem to have disappeared from Download Station? Is it just my imagination?

The late Clam1952 made a couple of dozen of them. It's just that they aren't named humpback bridges even though that's what they are.

I think mgreen and Mike10 made some as well. These are pretty old and I remember seeing them in TRS2004 and used a couple of them on my routes back then.

Without looking at the assets, this is just a guess, but many assets have been turned over to the Content Repair Group to update to current standards, and I understand that these assets are somehow "hidden" so that the Content Manager will not see them as being on the DLS. I further understand that these assets are still downloadable if you ask for them explicitly, say for example as a dependency of something else. These assets might be some of them. You might be able to type the kuid directly into the Content Manager filter "by kuid" and download it from the unknown asset that I would expect to show in the window, but I won`t guarantee it.

77Jsnk8.jpg

Ben Dorsey made a few of these.
yuh4hkA.jpg

Last edited:
You mean these?

<kuid2:35412:38204:1> hump backed bridge plain dark
<kuid2:35412:38206:1> hump backed bridge stone grey

Found on the DLS. TRS2004/2006 era assets.

Oh, how utterly embarrassing! I think I must have looked for them under Scenery Asset instead of Scenery Spline - the stupid bridges were installed all the time!!!!
Have now put one in my game, and it looks quite at home.

Oh, how utterly embarrassing! I think I must have looked for them under Scenery Asset instead of Scenery Spline - the stupid bridges were installed all the time!!!!
Have now put one in my game, and it looks quite at home.
LOL! Brain farts happen to us all :D

72h0.gif

Rico

Oh, are they ever so common and happen way too often!

@rhban I thought they were scenery items at first too and that confused me. It doesn't mean there aren't any either. These two splines are on the DLS, there could be the scenery-object kind elsewhere.

Back