I think I've lost all nearly everything

big_b

Had a HDD fail and have reloaded trainz on a new HDD but every time I try to get into my Route all I get are these errors
; <kuid:148081:100217> : Validating <kuid:148081:100217>
- <kuid:148081:100217> : Not a valid archive file: 'kuid 148081 100217.tzarc' (error: 0)
- <kuid:148081:100217> : Unable to read config file for asset at 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-CE||kuid 148081 100217.tzarc|'
I've tried all my backups but in Trainz as well as external backups I've done but am still getting the same errors

Any Ideas ?

I just remembered I uploaded the route to N3V when they were asking for Routes
Is it possible to reload it from that cdp file I sent them if they still have it ?

Last edited:
Had a HDD fail and have reloaded trainz on a new HDD but every time I try to get into my Route all I get are these errors
; <kuid:148081:100217> : Validating <kuid:148081:100217>
- <kuid:148081:100217> : Not a valid archive file: 'kuid 148081 100217.tzarc' (error: 0)
- <kuid:148081:100217> : Unable to read config file for asset at 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-CE||kuid 148081 100217.tzarc|'
I've tried all my backups but in Trainz as well as external backups I've done but am still getting the same errors

Any Ideas ?

I just remembered I uploaded the route to N3V when they were asking for Routes
Is it possible to reload it from that cdp file I sent them if they still have it ?
I'm sorry to hear about the crash. I can feel the gut punch you experienced when you couldn't load your route! I don't see why they wouldn't give you the .cdp file. Submit a ticket and ask unless you have another way to contact them.

Before we go this route, no pun intended how are you restoring your route?

The method is to copy the route .tzarc file to the editing folder and then run a DBR to restore the archive.

The tzarc files seem to be the most venerable when it comes to errors when backing up saving outside of trainz, It looks as though the errors caused from the disc failing were all copied to the backups I've made so the backups were full of errors.

I think I found a backup last night without errors at least I'm not getting a tzarc error when coping it back to mu new HDD and the EDBR is running without errors so far.

The tzarc files seem to be the most venerable when it comes to errors when backing up saving outside of trainz, It looks as though the errors caused from the disc failing were all copied to the backups I've made so the backups were full of errors.

I think I found a backup last night without errors at least I'm not getting a tzarc error when coping it back to mu new HDD and the EDBR is running without errors so far.
That's very possible. I thought that to myself but didn't say it. I hope this works for you.

Well I've managed to get the route back and at the worst looks like I've only lost the last couple of days I worked on it before I realized I had a disk error.
It must have been one of the last manual backups I had on another external HDD
Had quite a few unknowns and missing dependencies but nothing to worry about.
As of today it's ready to work on again.

Well I've managed to get the route back and at the worst looks like I've only lost the last couple of days I worked on it before I realized I had a disk error.
It must have been one of the last manual backups I had on another external HDD
Had quite a few unknowns and missing dependencies but nothing to worry about.
As of today it's ready to work on again.
This is great news!

Make daily CDP's of the route and sessions. I put mine on a separate USB connected 1-terrabyte device. After a few years it is only half full. Saved me once in a situation like yours.

Back