Metric Speed Limits insufficient

rhban

I don't live in one of those few countries that have not yet changed to the metric system, so my trains drive in kilometres per hour. I am quite happy with the set of speed limit signs that are named L5 in DLS, but it is limited an either end: slowest is 15 kph and fastest is 120. Now, in real life, I don't know exactly how fast our little suburban trains go, but in the parts that run alongside the freeway, I see speed limit signs of 130 kph, so I assume they can and do go faster than that, and in my route, I expect my long distant trains to go a lot faster. Then there is the other end: when tootling around sidings where there are lots of points (switches). 15 kph is too fast.

With trs19, I am able to use some of the German signs, and indeed I have got a train happily cruising at 180 kph, but it is an invisible sign! No doubt there are places where an invisible sign makes sense, but I want to be able to see them. Also, I don't think the 10 kph sign is working.

So, since I can't find anything else on DLS, can I ask someone to please create some?

I use this quite a lot for turn outs etc where mainline speed is maintained but slows for a turn out
Single track with left and right turn outs
All 3 can have different speeds that you set
As it's invisible I usually put it just past a speed sign which can be seen. That way you can set main to visible speed sign speed and the set turn out speed that you require
WE used to set these to over 1000kph just for a bit of fun at times

While I use dutch speed signs that go up to 160 kph, I was watching a video about Dutch signs and signals recently wherein they mentioned that since the high speed trains zip along at 300+, track side speed signs are rather useless, you'd never see them as they flashed by. Instead they use in cabin speed indications. This would be a good place to use invisible speed signs. The train drivers would see them while the track side would look more prototypical.

While I use dutch speed signs that go up to 160 kph, I was watching a video about Dutch signs and signals recently wherein they mentioned that since the high speed trains zip along at 300+, track side speed signs are rather useless, you'd never see them as they flashed by. Instead they use in cabin speed indications. This would be a good place to use invisible speed signs. The train drivers would see them while the track side would look more prototypical.
Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

I use this quite a lot for turn outs etc where mainline speed is maintained but slows for a turn out
Single track with left and right turn outs
All 3 can have different speeds that you set
As it's invisible I usually put it just past a speed sign which can be seen. That way you can set main to visible speed sign speed and the set turn out speed that you require
WE used to set these to over 1000kph just for a bit of fun at times
I've made a note of these. Thank you.

Back