How to import zip/rar/7zip file into trs 2022

pdw84

As I downloaded some content from internet, I was confronted with a zip-file containing normal files such as config.txt, rtm_001.jpg, rtm_001.texture.txt, ... the files you normaly see when you open a cdp-file from content manager in file explorer.

How can I reconstruct a cdp-file with this?
In TRS 2019, you could simply drag and drop files in the content manager, in TRS 2022 it doesn't seem to work?

thanks in advance,

Peter

I saw that on several places on the internet, but it doesn't work for me, that's why I opened this post. ( Don't know why build 123801)

I have a few directories on my desktop where I do my editing. When I`m ready to submit them to the trainzbase, I drag them into a Content Manager window. If I need to actually Submit them, I`ll do that too. My next step is to View errors and warnings, to see what, if anything, went wrong. I never have to Open for editing. It works well for me with Trainz22PE build 123802.

What happens when you try to drag a not-installed asset directory into a CM window? (It doesn`t matter what the name if the directory is, so keeping it meaningful to you is a very good idea. It also doesn`t matter if another copy of the asset is installed; it will just overwrite the other copy instead of creating a new asset from the directory. Just beware that you don`t do so by accident: Keep your KUID numbers under firm control, and always remember which directory contains which version of what.)

I saw that on several places on the internet, but it doesn't work for me, that's why I opened this post. ( Don't know why build 123801)
I think he means to drag the contents or extracted directory (folder) into Content Manager and not the actual zip file. The only time this doesn't work is when there are permission issues but I don't think this is the issue here.

Yes, exactly, the extracted directory, not the archive. That`s what I meant by "the resulting directory"; I had assumed that you would understand that to mean the result of extracting, as the preceding poster had explicitly said to extract. Just drag the resulting directory instead of going through the process behind the menu. What else could a directory be the result of in this context? Nothing that I can think of, and certainly not the archive itself. Ah well, I mean well, but sometimes I underexplain myself, expecting people to understand without the explanation. You would think that I would have learned after getting bitten by it over the decades, but then I get accused of overexplaining, which tends to offend people. Can`t win for loosing, it seems.

Yes, exactly, the extracted directory, not the archive. That`s what I meant by "the resulting directory"; I had assumed that you would understand that to mean the result of extracting, as the preceding poster had explicitly said to extract. Just drag the resulting directory instead of going through the process behind the menu. What else could a directory be the result of in this context? Nothing that I can think of, and certainly not the archive itself. Ah well, I mean well, but sometimes I underexplain myself, expecting people to understand without the explanation. You would think that I would have learned after getting bitten by it over the decades, but then I get accused of overexplaining, which tends to offend people. Can`t win for loosing, it seems.
You have just experienced the banal of tech support. ;-)

Story of my life, @JCitron, story of my life. I used to do tech support for a now-defunct Commodore 64 users` group. I could help them without seeing their screen just fine, as long as they did exactly what I said and no more. Did they? Almost never. By the time I was able to make them understand what I was trying to ask, the answer had usually long since scrolled off the top of the screen and gotten lost. Fun, right? I still think that you`d enjoy the tech-support scenes in the original book version of Ready Player 1. Good book, well worth reading, IMO.

Anyway, I hope that @pdw84 has managed to get his content imported by now, by whatever method.

Story of my life, @JCitron, story of my life. I used to do tech support for a now-defunct Commodore 64 users` group. I could help them without seeing their screen just fine, as long as they did exactly what I said and no more. Did they? Almost never. By the time I was able to make them understand what I was trying to ask, the answer had usually long since scrolled off the top of the screen and gotten lost. Fun, right? I still think that you`d enjoy the tech-support scenes in the original book version of Ready Player 1. Good book, well worth reading, IMO.

Anyway, I hope that @pdw84 has managed to get his content imported by now, by whatever method.
I'll check out the book. Thank you for that.
I have tech support stories... some funny but way off topic as usual.
We never had questions disappear like that here, thank gawd.

You`re welcome. (y)
I'll check out the book. Thank you for that.
You`re welcome. After you`ve read the book, watch the movie, too. It too is good, and you`ll find an interesting mix of exactly like the book and totally different, and very little midway between, plus the book explains things in the movie that the movie doesn`t. Or should you watch the movie first, so you aren`t disappointed by the stuff left out? Your choice. Yeah, movie first, I think.
I have tech support stories... some funny but way off topic as usual.
Share some of them with me elsewhere?
We never had questions disappear like that here, thank gawd.
Indeed! Nor answers, for goodnes` sake. Sometimes they do get deleted, of course.

Back