How can I make my own TRS2006 content?

Hi.I am new to this forum.The problem is,I want to make my own Grade Crossings for the game. But I was just wondering, what program should I use to make my own content, and how should I do it? If anyone knows how, could someone please help me.

Almost everything is on the DLS already ... how many grade crossings do we really need ?

There are many flavors of THREE grade crossings; 45 degree, 90 degree, and 135/315 degree.

We actually DO NEED many more; 5 degree, 10 degree, 12 degree, 18 degree, 22 degree and their mirrors, would ALL be welcome editions/additions.

Heres the thing. I love crossings so much that when it comes downt to them , im picky. I know theres aleady a bunch of Xings in the DLS. But the guy who makes them only uses one brand of of crossing lights that exist.So thats why I wanted to make more for those who really love pay attention to the details of crossing signals.

Hi.I am new to this forum.The problem is,I want to make my own Grade Crossings for the game. But I was just wondering, what program should I use to make my own content, and how should I do it? If anyone knows how, could someone please help me.
<br> Also if anyone knows how to get them working in the game after being made, could anyone please give me a explanation?

Last edited:
To do that, you will need to create a config.txt file for them - I would advise looking at similar assets to get the idea on how to do this. Also be aware that you will not be able to release your content onto the Download Station unless you are able to upgrade the content to TS2009 standards or later, which is not something I'd advise in TRS2006 because any new errors will not be shown.

Shane

I'll echo John Whelan's advice to use blender, and amplify it a bit: spend the time to take either the high school level on-line courses at <http://www.cdschools.org/Page/455> or the course intended for more advanced students at <http://gryllus.net/Blender/3D.html>. While there is a significant amount of Blender's capabilities that you will not use, at least not at first, work through the whole course to learn the tool you are going to use. To make the crossing with signals you want, you will need to master the mesh modeling, UV mapping, and animation bits of Blender. If you haven't already, you will also likely find it useful (if not essential) to learn how to use an image processing software package to mainipulate 2D images for use in texturing your model. GIMP is a good, open source tool for this, though not the only tool available.

ns

Back