Hosting Multiplayer Sessions

fsbrown

Franksup
Are there any instructions on hosting multiplayer sessions? I've run a few and really had great experiences and fun participating and hosting. However I seem to be missing some knowledge in the hosting end of things. I monitored a couple of session where players were asking for more locomotives etc. and I can't find any way to do that once the session has begun. Would appreciate any help in this area. :(

Depends on how the session was originally designed. I have only uploaded 2 so far, for the first I made 24 locos with drivers, suggested 8 players and each player can "claim" three drivers. Later added more drivers, dunno what the magic formula is. In any case, if a player derails and needs another loco and can't claim one himself, the host should be able to open the F6 menu and select an unclaimed driver, right click, and get an "assign driver to" menu.

Hosting a MP session is a hard job when tring to drive a train.(1) Everybody want's to know what they can do when they join.Unless you know the route well,you can't tell them anything but grab a driver and drive.(2)If you need to add a train or cars/wagon to the route it is hard because setting cars to close together they will derail,setting them a car link apart and letting the driver couple them together. Putting a train on the track you almost have to know witch way the track was layed.If you have a track layed from left to right a switch at each end and you click to put a train in the middle of the two switches changes are that train will overlap the switch to the left and that switch will be thron in the wrong way and you can't move it without derailing it.So placing the train just left of the switch on the right the train will be place correctly.Always use the clone to replace a train-car/wagon.This way you won't run out of rolling stock.
These are a few thing i've incountered while hosting a session.
What yours?????
So now i go to edit session find a striate peace of track see whitch way it was layed so know where to place a train.

Everyone needs a standard voice tool. Skype for example? (non video)
Any suggestions?
I might make a thread and see what the consencus is.

Back