Help reskining in TRS 2009

sivekr

Hi,
I'm trying to reskin a car and i go to the content dispacher and clone the car then i go to explorer and then edit the tga. file in photoshop then i commit the content and the content manager tells me there was an error and could not locate the texture i just recreated. I would apreicate any help

Are you saving the texture with a the exact same name as the one you edited, or with a different name?

ns

Hi,
I'm trying to reskin a car and i go to the content dispacher and clone the car then i go to explorer and then edit the tga. file in photoshop then i commit the content and the content manager tells me there was an error and could not locate the texture i just recreated. I would apreicate any help

Want to zip it up and email it to me? jwhelan0112 gmail.com. Generally speaking if you are having problems with .tga files it is to do with the compression options. Trainz can only use uncompressed .tga files.

Look at the file size of the original and of the modified .tga file they should be the same size.

Cheerio John

Never mind I just figured it out thank you both again this is something Ive had trouble with for a while thanks for the help

I don't have Photoshop but in PaintShopPro, when I click on Save As I click the Options box where I can pick bit depth and compression or not.

Bob

Back