Hello To All--Im Back To the Trainz Community

overkill650

Hey everyone hows it going. I havent been active on the forums for a while, as my life got a bit busy for the past 2 months.

If you dont remember, I was almost(95%) hired by CSX for a freight conductor position in selkirk. Well they hired too many people and gave me a bull**** excuse. They told me I failed a strenght test. but when I requested the records they said the company owned the test records and are not allowed to be viewed(which means "sorry we hired too many people and dont know what to say").

So, I started to look for work. I landed a position with enterprise rent a car as a vehicle service agent(wash/ prepare cars and deliver cars). The weekend before i was supposed to start work i was in maryland and while offroading at night I flew into a random 15ft whole in a huge field.

I blew apart my right knee cap. Had surgery last week. I have my left leg in a special cast and need to keep it straight for 2 months. Then I have to go through Physical therapy.

So i had to cancel my job and my college classes for this semester. Since I realized i'll be pretty much immobilized for a while, I went and bought TS2010EE. I also got Gears of War 3:D .

So pretty much i will be on the forums alot now because of my injury.

Hiya! I just got back too after much time away.
I bought Portal 2 recently and Dungeon Siege 3 as well.
Great fun.
I hope you heal quickly so you can get back into work and stuff!

Well, though I've never heard about you, glad to know you'll be around for a while! I hope you'll make, or see, or recommend a lot of stuff!

What a rough way to get back to Trainz. :eek: Hope your recovery is smooth and that your studies will not be too severely affected. :)

G'Day,

Just a quick question: if you have Trainz, do you realy have time for a full-rime job, coz I dont.
I dont have a job at all, simply no time for frivolous peruits like work.

Have a good one,
E,C.

G'Day,

Just a quick question: if you have Trainz, do you realy have time for a full-rime job, coz I dont.
I dont have a job at all, simply no time for frivolous peruits like work.
~snip~

That made me laugh:D
I know the feeling. Trainz doesn't leave much time for retirement either!

@overkill650
Here's to swift and pain free recovery. Get well soon!

Cheers
Casper

Hey everyone hows it going. I havent been active on the forums for a while, as my life got a bit busy for the past 2 months.

If you dont remember, I was almost(95%) hired by CSX for a freight conductor position in selkirk. Well they hired too many people and gave me a bull**** excuse. They told me I failed a strenght test. but when I requested the records they said the company owned the test records and are not allowed to be viewed(which means "sorry we hired too many people and dont know what to say").

So, I started to look for work. I landed a position with enterprise rent a car as a vehicle service agent(wash/ prepare cars and deliver cars). The weekend before i was supposed to start work i was in maryland and while offroading at night I flew into a random 15ft whole in a huge field.

I blew apart my right knee cap. Had surgery last week. I have my left leg in a special cast and need to keep it straight for 2 months. Then I have to go through Physical therapy.

So i had to cancel my job and my college classes for this semester. Since I realized i'll be pretty much immobilized for a while, I went and bought TS2010EE. I also got Gears of War 3:D .

So pretty much i will be on the forums alot now because of my injury.

Sounds to me like you fell into a hole instead of flying:hehe:

Been there done that with the knee, mine was five months straight and I'll give you a word of advice, when they take the cast off, be prepared for pain like you've never felt in your life.

The very first time that leg moves an inch you'll know what pain is, I almost passed out the first time and physically got sick. Then during rehab the hamstring is what's going to probably give you the worst time. I wish you all the luck in the world…

I am recovering from surgery on my right knee carried out 3 weeks ago. I am hoping to run a marathon in 5 weeks time ( yeah I know mad ). During the week and half off at home recovering I found Trainz a great way to pass the time. I have gotten so wrapt up in trains (real ones) I am planning a trip to the USA with my wife next year to explore the old PRR stuff between Philidelphia and Pittsburgh. Should see heaps of NS and CSX stuff I hope. You mentioned rental car business. We will need something to drive in Pa so maybe Enterprise is a good choice?
Hope your recovery goes well. I am sure you will be back to normal if you follow the doctor's orders and keep up the exercises.
Peter

@ Overkill - thank your lucky stars you didn't end up with Enterprise Rent-a-Car. They would have owned you! ECRAP as I prefer to call them.

@ Overkill - thank your lucky stars you didn't end up with Enterprise Rent-a-Car. They would have owned you! ECRAP as I prefer to call them.

One of their former sales guys now works with me.

@Angelo - I was thinking of you the other day. I'm sorry to hear this. if you really want this, apply again. They're hiring out of Boston too.

John

Hey guys thanks for the warm welcome.

As far as the railroading thing goes, I'm gonna try to heal up, then I may pursue a job with the LIRR. I've made some friends that work in the LIRR/ MTA.

Also, can someone give me a run through on downloading content for my TS2010? Like do you just download the files and they will appear in the content manager? Or do you have to go look for them?

Also I would like to learn how to reskin Locos/ create objects?

Thanks.

Hey guys thanks for the warm welcome.

As far as the railroading thing goes, I'm gonna try to heal up, then I may pursue a job with the LIRR. I've made some friends that work in the LIRR/ MTA.
good luck
Also, can someone give me a run through on downloading content for my TS2010? Like do you just download the files and they will appear in the content manager? Or do you have to go look for them?
Like all things, there are many ways to get the same result.
From within Content Manager, select an object that is on the DLS, right click download and it will appear in your list of installed objects.
Or, go directly to the DLS website, download the CDP file using FTP, saving it to a convenient location on your computer.Then either double click the CDP file or drag and drop it on the main window of your open Content manager. You can also find very good objects on 3rd party web sites.
Also I would like to learn how to reskin Locos/ create objects?

Thanks.
Creating new objects is a topic too long for a quick answer. Look at the content creation section of the forum and check out what others have created here and here.

Back