Has this ever happen to you?

gt350

My computer was crashing a lot so I decided to install a new SDD for my boot drive. Formatted drive and installed Windows 10. Rebooted and found I needed to install a few programs I needed to install to complete the install and decided to do it at a later time so I went back to my original boot disk and restarted. After the restart Trainz 2022 and the content folder was gone. I was able to reinstalled both from back up drive (8 hrs to do this). I have never seen this happen before. Has anyone else?

Presume that Trainz was not on your boot drive? Sounds like you may have formatted and installed Windows on the drive that Trainz was on and not the boot drive, it often happens if you don't double check which drive you are actually installing to.

Rather than reinstalling cloning an existing boot drive to a new one is quicker and avoids having to reinstall stuff.

That was not the case. All my other programs were there just not Trainz. I agree that cloning is usually better but it was time to start anew with a new install.

Did you check hidden folders?
My Local N3V Folder was hidden in my users-my name-AppData-Local-N3V Games.

I had also got worried that I could not find it, and that it was gone.:(
I back up my local folder onto 3 different drives do to being freaked out.:confused:
I hope you find it, good Luck!

Last edited:
Back