Missing dependency, please help

screecher

Basically, I was installing something in TRS19, but when I tried to run a multiplayer session it told me to install some dependencies. I did just that, but the last dependency loaded for too long. Eventually when I was installing it, one of my sessions and another route I got noted something as a missing dependency. How can I get this dependency back? Please help

The dependency I am missing:
Unknown Asset <kuid2:44179:60013:9>

if you were installing something and it did not work.
try un-installing it and then installing again.
something might have gone to the dark side....heheh

Firstly, <kuid2:44179:60013:9> does not exist. The last version was <kuid2:44179:60013:4> which is now built-in. It was part of the Tidewater Point package when it was Version :3
Check to see if you have Tidewater Point package (sc473) May have been payware via the Trainz Store.
Failing that, check if you have the built-in version :4 and if so, edit the config of the asset you are getting the missing dependency error for and change the kuid for coal to <kuid2:44179:60013:4> . My guess is that :9 is a typo in the config, so changing it to :4 and submitting should fix the problem.

Hope this helps.

Strange as <kuid2:44179:60013:4> is an Auran asset and is "Coal", but <kuid2:44179:60013:9> (that does exist) is "уголь (xVg)" (Russian for "Coal").

Firstly, <kuid2:44179:60013:9> does not exist. The last version was <kuid2:44179:60013:4> which is now built-in. It was part of the Tidewater Point package when it was Version :3
Check to see if you have Tidewater Point package (sc473) May have been payware via the Trainz Store.
Failing that, check if you have the built-in version :4 and if so, edit the config of the asset you are getting the missing dependency error for and change the kuid for coal to <kuid2:44179:60013:4> . My guess is that :9 is a typo in the config, so changing it to :4 and submitting should fix the problem.

Hope this helps.
You can't change the Kuid in the route config.txt file, or rather you can but the asset will be missing again as soon as a database repair is done. The assets are not tracked in the config.txt file and are tracked in one of the route data-files. As soon as you perform a DBR, the config.txt is refreshed and the missing asset will appear again. This may have worked in the really olden days but it doesn't any longer.

What I would do is open <kuid2:44179:60013:4> for edit.

Using Windows Explorer, go to the editing folder, wherever the Trainz data is located.

Copy the folder to the desktop.

Back in Content Manager, revert the <kuid2:44179:60013:4> version to original since it's a built-in asset.

Go back to the desktop and edit the config.txt file of <kuid2:44179:60013:4> and change the kuid to <kuid2:44179:60013:9>.

You will need to use PEV's Image2TGA to fix the texture on the asset, otherwise, it will show as a faulty asset in Content Manager.

Once the config.txt is updated and PEV's Images2TGA has been used to update the texture files from .texture to .tga, import or drag and drop the folder on the desktop into Content Manager to import the fake :9 version and resolve the missing asset issue.

I've done this in the past when there are odd missing assets.

Back