Hamburg V6E Tram Layout

How do the triggers and thingys work :)

Hi i have been playing around with the V6E pack and i am having trouble working out what each of the triggers do... some i get it like the stop and the block sections... but what are all the little triangle ones at points and along the track and is there an order they need to go in etc when running...

Also does anything change if you change the file name or the pic that is on the triangles??

And can you anyone give a run down what everything means when you select each item when it has options with the (?) button

ta muchly :)

Last edited:
... but what are all the little triangle ones at points and along the track and is there an order they need to go in etc when running...

Most of the triggers are explained in the following English manual:

http://www.v6e.de/Handbuch_V6E_en.pdf

The only one that is not covered is “Strab Rollbandsteuerung” (the green triangle), which was added to the V6E pack as part of Service Pack 1. This trigger sets the route number and destination of the V6E trams and can be either set to automatically change the route and/or destination of every tram that passes over the trigger (setze immer) or just trams in autopilot (setze nur autopilot).

If you open up the V6E demonstration route as an example of how to use the triggers, I’m sure you will pretty quickly get the hang of it.

... Also does anything change if you change the file name or the pic that is on the triangles??

I don't understand why you would want to do this as all the triangle trigger items are invisible when in driver?

... and can you anyone give a run down what everything means when you select each item when it has options with the (?) button

The best way to understand the options is to write down the words and use a German – English online translator as I did.

With the points (?) option box “Weiche aufschneiden” ticked means that the points will automatically set for a tram approaching the trailing end of either slip. Also, option box “auf rollband reagieren” ticked is for facing points when you want to automatically direct trams on one route left and other routes right. The sub option “nur fuer KI-Fahrer” ticked means that the point switching is only for trams in autopilot mode. “Links” is left and “Rechts” is right. With the option set on “Links” the points will direct all trams left unless they fit the criteria you list below this option. The tram routes you list will go right. Appropriately, with the option set on “Rechts” the opposite will happen.

Hope that helps; with a little bit of playing around you’ll soon have the hang of it. :)

Thanks for the reply it helps heaps... will see what i can do.

The reason i am changing the image and name is so that all the items i used on my layout are under the same name section in the lists and easy to find.

eg "YARRA TRAMS STOP" instead of "halt blah blah blah"

"YARRA TRAMS COMBINO WHITE FRONT"
"YARRA TRAMS TRAM TRACK" etc etc

It also helped to identify the V6E items clearly on the layout when editing stuff..

Just me i guess:p

I’ve just noticed that Rolf is working on some new tram trackside accessories that will look good on my route:

http://www.v6e.de/44901.html

1e85ecdd6ba8a527ffff80cfac14422f.jpg
1e85ecdd6ba8a527ffff80d0ac14422f.jpg

Last edited:
Wow very nice !!!!!!!!!
When do you think, you can relase this wonderful layout ?
Sorry for my bad english :confused:
Good luck !

Is there any way to download these trams free?
I don't have a credit card or paypal (or whatever its called) and I can't get one because i'm only 13!:'(

Last edited:
No - that would be piracy and/or copyright theft...

I suggest they might make a good Birthday / Christmas present. Or perhaps you know someone with a credit card?

Paul

Thank you for all the kind messages I have received about my V6E tram layout in progress. Unfortunately, for one reason and another I haven’t worked on the route since last December. I do hope to complete it at some point.

However, you may be interested to learn that in the last few weeks I have started work on a new project which is an adaptation of the excellent tram route called “Mittelstadt” by Spikerod (Torsten) available on TRSBINGEN-NAHVERKEHR (http://www.trsbingen-nahverkehr.de). I have reduced the size of Torsten’s route from 5 to 2 base boards, added more tram lines and changed many things. It is my intention to hopefully get Torsten’s permission to release the route when I have completed it.

In the meantime, here are a few screenshots of the tram depot I have added:

V6E-2009-01.jpg

V6E-2009-02.jpg

V6E-2009-03.jpg

I will post more screenshots as I continue to work on it.

Back