Hamburg V6E Tram Layout

Was looking back through the posts, don't remember the Orange V6E in post 36 in the collection?, also looks like there could be a couple of other cars with new adds, now you fixed the postal van are you going to fix the add on thr Tram to match?

Tom, the trams you mention are my own re-skins of Rolf's payware trams. Consequently I will NOT be releasing these.

Hi Mark !

I'm exiting to download your layout ! But can you repeat the name of your Layout, and when will be release ???

I'm hoping to have it released on the DLS by the new year as I should have plenty of time at Christmas to get it finished.

I haven't sorted out a name for my route yet? Any ideas?

Yes ! I've ideas :

Neue Stadt
Retro Strassenbahn
The City
Eine lust !
Retro - Tram
Strassenbahn im Hamburg
Hodgkinson Tram
Retro Hodgkinson Tram

Last edited:
Here's a few more re-skins I've done for my route:

UhrWerb McDonalds/Galeria Kaufhof
kuid2_59037_100041_1.jpg

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=134042

UhrWerb Becker/Lufthansa
kuid2_59037_100042_1.jpg

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=134041

Kaefer Deutsche Post
kuid2_59037_100055_1.jpg

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=134131

VW T3 Deutsche Post
kuid2_59037_100056_1.jpg

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=134132

VW T3 Hamburg
kuid2_59037_100057_1.jpg

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=134338

I am once again assuming that you're layout, and thusly the repainted bits to go with it, are in some capacity meant to replicate Hamburg before the Berlin wall was pushed over. If that indeed is the case, the license plates on all the vehicles you're using need to have pre-1994 German license plates, like this one:

Plate-KA-RR232.JPG

You might want to change the registration seal to that which is used for Hamburg

There are a few exceptions to this rule. Vehicles owned by British soldiers in the British occupation zone were, as far as I'm aware, no different than normal British license plates. The only other thing you might want to make note of is that the postal vehicles need to have "BP" at the beginning, German military vehicles need to have "Y" and all German railroad vehicles (Bundesbahn ones) need to have "DB" at the beginning. And yes, if it hasn't yet occured to you, I am a rivet counter:p

WileeCoyote:D

I am once again assuming that you're layout, and thusly the repainted bits to go with it, are in some capacity meant to replicate Hamburg before the Berlin wall was pushed over. If that indeed is the case, the license plates on all the vehicles you're using need to have pre-1994 German license plates

Thanks for the information WileeCoyote. If I get chance I may do revised versions of the re-skins with pre-1994 plates, but to be honest I haven't being paying that much attention to detail.

On another subject, anyone know if a typical German site cabin like the one circled below is available anywhere?

SiteCabins.jpg

Wonderful work! Is there any payware in this? Or is it just the stuff by Rolf(RW1HH) on the DLS?

Cheers
Isaac

Wonderful work! Is there any payware in this? Or is it just the stuff by Rolf(RW1HH) on the DLS?

The only thing that is payware are the actual V6E trams - www.v6e.de

All the scenery items in my route are freeware.

Most of the scenery used is on the DLS so CMP will pick these up automatically. However, I have also used content which is not on the DLS from such sites as www.TRSBingen.de, www.TRSberlin.de, www.trainzdepot.de and www.tramtrainz.net.

Is it worth posting a full list of required content now so that people are able to acquire it before I release the route?

Last edited:
Fence?

The wall with wrought iron fence located below the clock tower in this photo.....I have been searching for this wall/fence......but with no luck.
Any idea where it can be found?

Thanks,
Mark
V6E-32.jpg

Attached Overhead application

Hi Mark,
I have just been reading this thread and your posts regarding your concerns about curved overhead in attched track/overhead assets not looking authentic. Here is a sample of customising I have applied to NormP's Surfside Trams layout. Still not yet convinced? I wish it would have been as easy to hold the trolley wire in position while all the spans were attached in real practice. (I wouldn't suggest hanging boat's ATLS traffic signals off the span wire in the real world though.):hehe:

Cheers
Sel

Is the route released ??

Sorry, the route isn't released yet; it's taking me longer to complete than anticipated. You will appreciate that my work on this route is only a hobby and so sometimes takes a back burner to other things. However, please rest assured that when the route is released, I will post the news here first.

I have just been reading this thread and your posts regarding your concerns about curved overhead in attached track/overhead assets not looking authentic. Here is a sample of customising I have applied to NormP's Surfside Trams layout. Still not yet convinced? ...........

Motorman, I appreciate your post regarding the overhead wires. What are the span wires you are using? They look fantastic! Looking at your shots, I think you have a valid point regarding curved overhead. However, as I have already completed the overhead wires on half of my route using separate wires as per Rolf's original V6E route, I think I will continue with this method throughout. If/when I should start a new route I will use the combined track/wire.

Back