Ground elevation gone!

John514

Ambient Occlusion addict
So, after I made the jump to TS12 Sp1....instant regret.
What basicaly happened is that the ground just vanished!:confused: I ended up floating in space, like this:

So what I basicaly did is add the baseboards there. Ended up with this!
Tracks, roads and some buildings are still in the correct elevation, but now are floating, beacse the DEM elevation that would "shape" the baseboards is missing!

I won`t blame the Service Pack for that, yet.

I`ve got plenty of faulty assets here and there from stuff that I downloaded. None of these used in my route though, so I don`t see the problem there. I might take some time to fix them, if necessary.

The reason I'm wondering is in case the DEM textures haven't associated themselves properly with the route. Might be worth re-importing the textures if you have the original files available.

Shane

Re-installed the HOG textures. No luck there. To be honest, I think the only reason the textures are not there is that there`s no ground for them to be on!

Bit late now but I would have first checked that your mapfile.gnd file was there, there will be one now as you have added boards.

Have a look in UserData Backups and see if you can find the original, that's where things often end up when something has gone wrong. I usually find just importing whatever was messed up from that backup usually solves the problem.

No consolation but my route which was a microdem hog terrain survived TS12 SP1 HF4 ok.

Bit late now but I would have first checked that your mapfile.gnd file was there, there will be one now as you have added boards.

Have a look in UserData Backups and see if you can find the original, that's where things often end up when something has gone wrong. I usually find just importing whatever was messed up from that backup usually solves the problem.

No consolation but my route which was a microdem hog terrain survived TS12 SP1 HF4 ok.

That actually might be fix-able.
a) I didn`t save it.
b) I have a somewhat recent copy of the route.

So, what do I do. I just copy the mapfile.gnd in the rute folder?

That actually might be fix-able.
a) I didn`t save it.
b) I have a somewhat recent copy of the route.

So, what do I do. I just copy the mapfile.gnd in the rute folder?

Try it, I've done that when I was trimming boards and deleted the wrong bits and it worked OK.

YES, YES, YES! All the Yes`ses!
It there! It works! Just as I left it! :udrool:

Thank you both for you amazing and quick help! ;)

Back