GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Why do you need to send it to GMax. You could just animate and export in Blender, a simple animation like a wheel would take all of 30 seconds to set up.

Why do you need to send it to GMax. You could just animate and export in Blender, a simple animation like a wheel would take all of 30 seconds to set up.

It is that easy.

Until you get it into TRS2004, and to your dismay, in the foggy mountain breakdown you've painstakingly created in surveyor, you notice you're trucks aren't affected by the fog at all. Your wheels are a rollin' but your trucks are a glowin' through the fog! hehe

So, I just loaded up gmax and trainz content creation studio. Really have to pay attention to the orientation of Blender exported objects (-y, zup). Still getting unhandled exceptions when exporting imported objects. Not to mention, the imported object only shows in perspective view (nothing in top left,etc). I could always include both animated and dummy trucks from blender if and when I decide to release stuff. Anymore on this topic, it'll be in the Content creation forum.

Just some thing I've started and never finished. I'll get around to it one day, I swear!

31890818_580977635617568_8320937530371342336_n.png

bd462fa49f21646045057ceb82549ec1.png

f581e444093c210be106d293439c8a18.png

Last edited:
That's a interesting mikado. I have never seen a mikado with the rods connecting to the second axle. Very unique.

Nice Centipede. Got enough to track to run it?

MF01 - The design was actually meant for rough track. But, yeah, I can image it wasn't very good on rail in curves.

Trainz_12_fan_100 - Thanks. Doesn't see much action on my little figure 8, 8x4 n scale trainz layout. The overhang is comical to say the least. Thought about sticking it on a section of track and fencing it off next to the depot, though.

Back