GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Finishing up final details and then moving on to the running gear.

e82OSZY.jpg

KM7nuCI.jpg

Steve, you have some very promising content with Strasburg 90 and the N&W M class. When you get around to 475, there could be options for either a 1950's-style centered or raised headlight, and 382's spark arrestor; 475 at one time was fitted with the spark arrestor and renumbered to 382. Just something to mind. Plenty of variations for each model, just like you said you'd do with 90.

Steve was part of the driving force behind the 475 as the 382 for a Lerro Productions photo charter.
I wonder if the owner of Lerro Productions is related to him

I had nothing to do with the planning of the 382 charter, other than painting the running boards white, and painting the spark arrestor with graphite paint after installing it on the stack. My brother Pete runs Lerro Productions, and manages all the charters. I just tag along when I can and provide free labor in the cab.

Finally found a tutorial to help lower the graininess to much more like the real castings are like. Still need to adjust the UV smoothing groups.
Baldwin_Locomotive_Driver.jpg

Here is the NS C39-8. Finally made trucks for it as with the SD70's. Not animated but they have them now. Still have to work out exporting from blender and importing to gmax for my animation and fog issue. In fact, all of my locos have dummy trucks with no animation at this point. Doesn't really bother me, as all of the freight cars I use are set up with the default, non-animated trucks. ha!

NS-C39-8.jpg

Good luck when exporting from Blender to Gmax, I had issues with small object it was always messy with distortion etc and when saying non animated trucks you mean the wheels only or you didn’t made the trucks as a dependencie so it’s fixed on the loc and doesn’t move on curves etc

Good luck when exporting from Blender to Gmax, I had issues with small object it was always messy with distortion etc and when saying non animated trucks you mean the wheels only or you didn’t made the trucks as a dependencie so it’s fixed on the loc and doesn’t move on curves etc

What kind of distortion? Scaling? Also, what file format? I think I tried once with a simple object in 3ds format or something like that.

As for the trucks, the wheels don't move. I either have a separate bogey file made from the stripped loco file moved and moved to 0,0,0, or I do it from the loco file the same way but don't save the loco file after exporting the bogeys (PRR centipede). I animated some trucks, but found out later about the fog issue. I had noticed it with some other downloaded assets I had but didn't realize it was the animation unitl I started creating my own. Just chalked it up to bump and normal maps until then.

In Blender I sent the mesh in 3ds format and when he opened it it was empty. In fbx format it works but some mesh object were not in their initial position

Well this weekend I'm going to take another crack at it and see if I can figure things out. File format/scaling and all that. I think I tried exporting the imported mesh, and it threw up an error. Even with the trainz content creation studio installed it wouldn't export. Could make something and export, but import/export wouldn't work.

Back