GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Between the Manitou and Pike's Peak Railway Steam locomotives (which are close to finally being completed) and helping out another Trainz user with animations, I decided to simplify my work in order to really understand the inner workings of Blender better. I have always understood how to use the program, but really understanding lighting, color management, bump-map texturing and precision modeling techniques are vital in order to create a solid final product. Right now, I am playing around with photo-realistic texturing and mapping seems to be tricky for me. If any of yall have tips and tricks as to how to texture map (or any other tips), I would really appreciate it! See I would learn this in a 3D Modeling class, but 1) I am not in one this semester and 2) my university is not offering it next semester...yikes. Please private message me for tips, tricks and questions.

fd900ab61403df5927e04a1867d69416.png

a small blast from the past... .

on an old hdd I found some old render images from 12 years ago...

swvdtudh.jpg

vctqeort.jpg

It is a mid poly model with around 35k polys for the complete 3-unit train... . Each front unit featured 18 animated sub models that had beed individually controlled by script in the game... . The middle unit had just the panto, which the height could be adjusted according to the height of the catenary... .

Last edited:
Back