GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

A Chinese C63 coal wagon in working. I'm still trying to finish the SY 2-8-2. I'm working with the texture of it now.
6d332ab981d7898c35b49045c9bed499.jpg

Cheers
Felix

Man you butchered them. The texture on the "Frisco" Mikado is screwed up. Plus, WHY did you put topedo tubes on top of it?? The Frisco mikado's never ever support the torpedo tubes. Also on another note. You say your trying to turn it into a Heavy Mikado. A Frisco light mikado vs a heavy mikado are completely different. Stop butchering a good looking model.

If it aint broke, dont break it. Follow that saying kid.
If you can't say something nice don't say ANYTHING at all. Follow that kid. And yes I reported you.

Here are some custom signs made for a customer, they wanted the Norfolk Southern Horse Head with Intermodal Terminal on them. Let me know what you think.

These are smaller, but they have night lighting and they look pretty good at night.
metal-large_800x450.jpg

Here is another sign, this one I wanted to add some cool lights to it, this also has night lighting as well.
stone-large_800x450.jpg

Here is the model in game during the day.
stone-large_day_800x450.jpg

Again at night.
stone-large_night_800x450.jpg

It was fun, the night lighting was a little tricky but it looks great.

If you can't say something nice don't say ANYTHING at all. Follow that kid. And yes I reported you.

Well the top of the Frisco engine has 2 extra top mount compressors air tanks and it's Reflective Gloss coat paint, same goes with the Milwaukee Reflective Gloss coat paint.

I'm sorry, but your "modifications" made the locomotives look really ugly and absolutely nothing like the locomotives that you specified. It also doesn't help that you used two completely different locomotives than the ones that you were trying to represent, and the fact that steam locomotives almost never wore "reflective gloss paint" and if they did it didn't stay that way for long. I honestly don't know how you "rebuilt them," but for the better good those locomotives need to go directly from the builder to the scrap line.
Please do not go after members about their content in a malicious way. It is perfectly axceptable to call out a problem that you see but you must go about it in a nice way rather than with the intent to tear down a creator.

I'm sorry but how is that malicious Ryan? I am giving my opinion on it and I don't see how I threatened him or tore him down.
I would take a step back and re-read your post. You say his content should "go directly from the builder to the scrap line" which is offensive to someone who is putting their time and energy into something for the community.

Any further discussion of this will not be tolerated, please move on.

Back to regularly scheduled Programming:

@2Wayne
Awsome Signs Wayne. Signage really hasn't gotten much loving for US Routes from what I've seen. You're changing that for the better though.

Any news on that warehouse?

Falcus

emdsd18mesh_zpsee643dde.png

Fixing and retextureing dragonharh's EMD SD18 mesh.
Many thanks goes to dragonharh for allowing me to port his Gmax mesh into Blender for the overhaul, and a few Trainz forums members for helping with the conversion.

Zelda,

From what I remember, that unit I requested from him was never up to par in terms of demensions. In order to get things entirely accurate, I would get drawings of an SD18 and start again.

Just my opinion...

Blake, thanks for the suggestion, but I'll be leaving it as is. Maybe in the future I might do my own EMD SD18 Mesh that's accurate.

Zelda,

From what I remember, that unit I requested from him was never up to par in terms of demensions. In order to get things entirely accurate, I would get drawings of an SD18 and start again.

Just my opinion...
(not to sound mean )
Blake you wonted it done now and would not wait for it do be done right most models take 2 or 3 mouths to get right you wore jumping form one project to the next dropping a new ( good ) idea each week.

This was a few years ago things have improved alot your a grate guy all and all.

Last edited:
Back