GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

The only major external differences between the I & IIs are the trucks and the II sleepers have a different window arrangement due to the addition of a 2nd floor bathroom. Never noticed anything about a different slant and every picture I turn up shows them as all equal.

The exterior frame is the same on the Supeliner I & IIs, The only differences are going to be in window placement & trucks. There are exterior shell differences between Superliners & HiLevels, as well as the California Cars, and the new Midwest Bilelves (that aren't done being built yet) however all use the same original design, just with modifications & improvements.

peter

yup that's a hi-level. note the smaller windows, more corrugation, larger vents, and curved (rather then angled) walls at the bottom.

peter

Edit: oh I almost forgot, Hi-Level cars are not as tall as Superliners.

You can see 3 (possible all 4) types of Amtrak Bi-Levels here: Left to Right; Cali Car, Superliner I, Hi-Level, Superliner (to far away to tell if 1 or 2)
http://www.trainweb.org/vangab/HILEVEL.jpg

Last edited:
f3f356553dc065baca1b94a2a47c6ef5.png

I've always taken an interest in the PH37ACmi, or Class 70 for those in the UK, because they were a completely different design than the previous British diesels. There are several other British locomotives that I like, but that's for some other time.

rumour --

I never would have believed that particular locomotive could in any way be described as "attractive".

After seeing those renders I stand corrected. Well done!

Phil

I have some half finished ones tongo along with those steam era cars I was working on, but they, along with those cars, are currently files in the "too lazy to unwrap and texture" cabinet. I finally found Amfleet, Viewliner, Superliner II trucks thanks to Googles patent library, but nothing for Superliner I trucks. My understanding is that they are of a German design and unique to North American railways.

I have some half finished ones tongo along with those steam era cars I was working on, but they, along with those cars, are currently files in the "too lazy to unwrap and texture" cabinet. I finally found Amfleet, Viewliner, Superliner II trucks thanks to Googles patent library, but nothing for Superliner I trucks. My understanding is that they are of a German design and unique to North American railways.

German design unique to North America? That's un-German... Great cars though! I look forward to their (if any) release!

Back