GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

vt25cab_blend_by_trainboi-d7fquro.png

Anyone for an oil-fired cab?

My first attempt at specular/normal maps. I've been using only some basic materials so far so there is still a lot to learn.

0dbe582412dadabf2bb889563c93232f.jpg

Because I'm not likely to have any more progress in the next 12 hours, I suppose it's worth posting a render...;)
vt25cab_blend_by_trainboi-d7fzune.png

Now then, off to have a real life. Enjoy! (and yeah, the reason I work quick is cuz I kinda have no life most of the time XDDDDD)

I'll probably end up talking to you more about this over at AMTZ but are the numbers supposed to be on the side of the door or on the door? I've seen it on the door but I can't say I've seen it next to them :/

Thought the same thing, even Googled it to be sure, didn't find any with 3-digit number series though, on 2-digit.

Also, are you going to make the Phase III theme where the stripes fade away?

Thought the same thing, even Googled it to be sure, didn't find any with 3-digit number series though, on 2-digit.

Also, are you going to make the Phase III theme where the stripes fade away?

That would be because you Googled the wrong locomotive. The textures I used are currently the same as my P40 reskin that's available & I'm working on tweaking them. The location of the numbers are based off from whatever images I was working with back when I made that reskin.

That being said I've seen the numbers located both next to the door & on the door (although it appears that on the door is more common) I've even seen some with no numbers by the door! http://users.sisna.com/jimbobnay/MOF94/Moff18.JPG

In time, yes. I hope to make all 5 different schemes the P40s came in (maybe even the one special one).

peter

Update: Is this better placement?

Last edited:
I've reworked the textures, colors, and added a few details to bring it out more. Then Ill have to redraw every detail again this time adding better effects and designs.

Back