GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

New River Gorge Bridge

4f41.png
Being from the beautiful hills of West Virginia I approve of this model :D

22 inchs of snow, 1/4 mile visibility, and stuck at work for 2 days... so.........

Untitled-1_zpsfccab571.png

Bdneal has been kind enough to allow me to rework his BL2...... I have completed a bit of work, more to go.

Hmm I see this and a slug behind it....

A word is coming to me...

"Slagertun..."

"blagerstown....."

Eh, it will come to me.

Last edited:
Alsthom - SACM - BB56 Made in France built 1963
Almost finishing ...at all !
So it looks at this time :

53mkaa.jpg

Cab in progress :
jtpd0i.jpg

So close :
apecgi.jpg

Last edited:
Do you mean the tube from the smokestack used to harmlessly drop the red hot cinders onto the track to prevent lineside fires?

Can someone explain me please, what was the intention of this funny steam pipe? In my mind it has an very negative effect: the engineer can't see anything, because his sight at the line will be covered by steam.
From http://ngdiscussion.net/phorum/read.php?1,129258,129269
"This Spark Arrestor was designed by the C&S's master mechanic. The development of this device was ostensibly (according to Bob Richardson) prompted because of threats by the City of Golden to shut down the railroad through that CIty if they didn't do something about the fires that the cinders from their locomotives caused.

The Ridgeway spark arrestor was effective for C&S use and was placed on all coal burning C&S 3' gauge locomotives and a couple of Standard Gauge ones that worked in the Golden Area as well.

This spark arrestor would knock down the cinders, due to the angle of the wire mesh. The angle of the wire mesh was the secret to its success, as the mesh formed an almost solid surface when looked on from overhead. This would act as a barrier to the hot cinders and would deflect them to the rear portion of the smoke arrestor. In theory not allowing the majority of the cinders being forced out of the smokebox by the exhaust nozzle to "roam free" to the neighboring countryside. The cinders would then be deposited in the tube that ran from the back of the spark arrestor to the side of the track. This tube had a cap at the bottom end of it and this cap was opened to empty the tube when full. In spite of modelers myth, the trackside end was not open and the hot cinders didn't just fall down the tube and fall out. The 71 still had its end cap in place in 1969-1970. "

So you see Teddytoot, they didn't actually drop them onto the track, just had the tube there so they could fall in the ashpit easier I guess.

.....So you see Teddytoot, they didn't actually drop them onto the track, just had the tube there so they could fall in the ashpit easier I guess.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Thanks for the correction. I am not well versed in US steam loco practice so jumped to an erroneous conclusion.

My guess is you might get smoke going through the solid backing! XD But then, if I'm careful I will be able to make it look right.

SP SD40 / SD40R

Even though I recently released my SD40-T2, that model actually grew out of this one:

2188801_orig.jpg

This model then morphed into this SD40R in the 1984 Olympics paint treatment:

2971193_orig.jpg

Don't ask me how it came about that I started these models first, but completed the SD40-T2 before them. Chalk it up to a wandering mind / focus....

Regards,
MSP

Back