Forum/entire site extremely slow

Top secret photo of the N3V server :hehe:.

7372008970625x1000.jpg

Dave

I'll join the unhappy and have to apologise to IE who I have said many harsh words in blame, as it generally over the past couple of weeks keeps comming up with IE can't make a connection and this up to two-three attempts to get on the forum as well as when in the forum the same happening opening a topic/s.
Extremely annoying.

Bob

I love it, Dave. Especially the other hamster down in the litter tray at the bottom. "Dave. What are you doing, Dave? I can feel my mind going, Dave."

HAL9000

It was improved this morning but speed has gone way down again Ed. I'm looking at 20+ seconds per page, even on 30Mb connection. No response to my ticket as yet but we know the helpdesk team is small and likely inundated (plus I sent it just before the weekend) so I'm not panicking on that front.

It was improved this morning but speed has gone way down again Ed. I'm looking at 20+ seconds per page, even on 30Mb connection. No response to my ticket as yet but we know the helpdesk team is small and likely inundated (plus I sent it just before the weekend) so I'm not panicking on that front.

Likewise the same here, however the DLS is back up to 390 to 400 KBps here, while downloading a load of texture files of around 10MB each, that's checking with monitoring software and not relying on the random figures in CM, although it seems to be more or less the same reading at present. Probably every one else has given up and there's only me daft enough to be downloading!

It's early Tuesday morning here in the states. I have never seen the forum running any faster than it is now. The pages are snapping into place as soon as I click on a topic.

Big change from the previous two days.

...guess the hamsters died again and need replacing.

Will we have to look for different coloured smoke coming from the N3V building, for when they have found a replacement, maybe investing in a meerkat might work, they seem to live longer...:eek:

It's slow in the UK again today, I blame the facebuggers...:)

Joe Airtime

Last edited:
Slow and getting slower. My guess is that server capacity has not kept up with the increasing number of users, especially MAC and portable devices. At least N3V could acknowledge the problem and that it is being worked on.

No, no, no. Cant have that. It would be like admitting that they are reading what is on the forums and thinking - "must do something about that!" Oh no that just wont do at all. It would be like giving us a real service.

It's early Tuesday morning here in the states. I have never seen the forum running any faster than it is now. The pages are snapping into place as soon as I click on a topic.

Big change from the previous two days.

Unfortunately, it doesn't last. I was also up around 0300 two days ago. The forum was fairly fast then too. When I checked back around 0800, it was back to 30-second pages and forever loading pictures in the Screenshot panel. Same old stuff, different day.

Bill

EDIT: 65 seconds from click to post.

Unfortunately, it doesn't last. I was also up around 0300 two days ago. The forum was fairly fast then too. When I checked back around 0800, it was back to 30-second pages and forever loading pictures in the Screenshot panel. Same old stuff, different day.

Bill

EDIT: 65 seconds from click to post.

There you go. Problem solved. Best time to access the forums is between 0100 and 0500 in the morning (US). No need to waste badly needed funds on server capacity.

There you go. Problem solved. Best time to access the forums is between 0100 and 0500 in the morning (US). No need to waste badly needed funds on server capacity.

Or better still, don't try running a service that you can't afford, do the decent thing & inform your customers that the service will be crap at the outset, instead of making false claims & promises, just to let everyone down.

72 seconds from click-link in the notification email to forum presentation. Need I say more?

Bill

EDIT: and 91 seconds from "quick Post" click to presentation (including a notification that the "page is asking if I really want to leave it" - whatever the heck that means).

Last edited:
Are we heading for another big forum crash n burn?
We'll get bigger faster servers when that happens through overload. Nice. ;)

You mean "soon", of course. That is the N3V catchword.

74 seconds from notification email to view your post.
63 seconds to be able to reply and

EDIT: 93 seconds to edit the post and have it appear.

Bill

Last edited:
EDIT: and 91 seconds from "quick Post" click to presentation (including a notification that the "page is asking if I really want to leave it" - whatever the heck that means).

It means: This is taking way too long............do you still want me to post this reply?

Last edited:
Boy, this is fun! Almost as good as the ARPANET used to be back in the '80s. Even my browser thinks it's taking too long. All my fancy network diagnostic software and I could be using an egg timer for this forum.

Bill

EDIT: A NEW RECORD!!!!! ----->>>>>> 112 seconds to make and post a new entry in this thread!!!

Last edited:
Back