Forum/entire site extremely slow

HiBaller

19 Years of Trainz
I have spent the last 35 minutes paging laboriously through the member list at around a page every 90 seconds or so and am totally disgusted by the load speed of the pages. In fact, EVERY page of the Forum and N3V site load between 15 and 35 seconds. Before anyone starts quipping about my browser and my ISP and all that let me state that THIS site is the ONLY site that loads that slowly. It will load slowly for IE, Opera, Sea Monkey, and Chrome also.

I have network monitoring software and it is telling me that the arriving page bits and pieces are arriving haphazardly and very slowly. My browser of choice (Firefox 13.0) is constantly showing a status of "Waiting for forums.auran.com" and the throbber is spinning up in the tab.

I have complained time and again to the "help" desk and they haven't even had the decency of returning my emails.

So, I may come back here from time to time, but I definitely won't be here regularly until SOMEONE looks into this and FIXES it.

By the way, all Content Managers of my Trainz versions tell me that the maximum download speed I am getting (despite having a FCT) is around 45 to 55kbps where I used to get over 300kbps. My ISP tells me that my download speed is fine, and the various "test your connection speed" sites tell me I am very close to the advertised upload of 250kbps and download of 500kbps so it ain't me, folks. This is undoubtedly tied in to the throttling going on by Auran/N3V.

Bill

Bill --

I find the Forums excruciatingly painfully slow.

I usually have two copies of Firefox open and browse other sites while waiting for the Forums to respond.

Phil

Same here. ALL Auran/N3V related sites have been degrading the last few days. This includes, but not limited to, Forum, Planet Auran, CM(P), DLS(black pages,)...

I agree Bill, and I have taken all the steps you have too! It has been creeping up on us for a few weeks now, and is quite irritating!

From clicking on the link in the notification email to viewing this page took me 42 seconds.

This is GOT to be fixed.

Bill

EDIT: Posting the "quick reply" took almost a minute and Firefox told me that "this page is asking if you want to leave" while it was messing about.

Slow here as well Bill, now if I click the post quick reply button of course I want to leave the page, stupid thing, almost one of euphods oxymorons.

Here I am thinking I was having Internet Problems but I am not the only one. I do actually have a different Internet problem but even so over the past week or so and particularly with the DLS (via the Black Pages or CMP) it has been very slow.

Good to know I am not alone but it would be nice to have fixed.

Craig
:):):)

I trust everyone is ready for their Join Date to become "June 2012" after the crash?

If that's what it comes down to, so be it. This definately falls under the catgaory of "get it done yesterday."

Just taken over a minute to load this thread and another minute to get the reply box up, not expecting it to actually post any quicker either, made a cup of coffee while the new posts was deciding to load. This has been going on for over a week now, it's actually worse than dial up here at the moment, everywhere else seems fine.
Login on the DLS with CM is a bit hit and miss as well, taken to watching for the Setting Session cookie to appear in TadDaemon, can take a few minutes, I can then open CM without the dreaded red bar appearing, downloading though seems to get stuck on looking for dependencies for ages, particularly annoying when you know the item being a texture hasn't flipping got any! Grrrr! The texture being another annoyance in that one has been updated, same kuid but a luminous green colour instead of the gorse / brush type colour it was originally Got about ten miles of mountain area to re-texture, if I can ever download the one I'm replacing it with. For anyone wondering Gras34 has morphed into HP-Gras12. Got quite a shock when I decided to check the "finished" area of my project.

Ahh success its finally downloaded.

The same thing is happening here as well. It's time to reboot and feed the hamsters again.

It could also be LGM too. They usually show up on weekends.

John

Just wanted to chime in to say that the forums have been slow for that last week.
I hope that somebody at NV3 will look at this monday.
Kenny

It's been way longer than a week. Since the new and improved format was implemented, on my end anyway, but not this bad. But I see no need for a fix. After all, we could always click on a forum or thread and leave the result to our heirs. Grrr.

Bernie

Slow here also, but, anyone ready for them to start charging for full speed for the sites (FCT)? I hope not.

Slow here as well. Take`s forever to get to the DLS or forums from the homepage. Has been this way for at least a few weeks probably.

Slow here also, but, anyone ready for them to start charging for full speed for the sites (FCT)? I hope not.

I hope you're kidding, right?

The PHP Vbulletin forum software notoriously gets slow over time. The only fix for this is a good old shutdown and restart.

John

I hope you're kidding, right?

The PHP Vbulletin forum software notoriously gets slow over time. The only fix for this is a good old shutdown and restart.

John
I am kidding, but it sure does seem like that could happen though. The DLS without a FCT is just about as slow as the speeds have been recently.

Back