Forum/entire site extremely slow

I think I found the reason why they are slow.....

306521orm.jpg

Ah. That would be hamsters, no doubt. Probably taste like chicken.

Bill

EDIT: Please, Please, Please N3V - get rid of that annoying "permission to leave page, Sir!' popup.

Last edited:
EDIT: Please, Please, Please N3V - get rid of that annoying "permission to leave page, Sir!' popup.

Agreed! I used to only get it intermittently, mostly on edits. Now the silly thing pops up every single post which doubles the time it takes for it all to happen....

Andy

I have already decided that NO web page for any customer I have will ever have that annoying confirmation script on it. It just isn't necessary.

It has been quite a while now since Zec told us he pas "passing on that we were complaining". I wonder if that went anywhere (other than the trash can).

Bill

Think that script is an integral part of the forum software, as I get it on other vBulletin forums which are pretty slow as well on occasions, worst case is that you can't disable it.

I'm finding when clicking a thread on here that if it doesn't load, then using the back arrow and then forward it pops up instantly, posting seems to be far worse at present, not even getting the leave page thing, more often than not I get a can't find the server at forums.auran.com and the post goes nowhere.
50% chance this one will make it!

Mines been slow too and I only joined the other day. Also multiplayer is down so I'm guessing their having some problems which from what I've read seem to be occurring quite frequently.

Agonizingly slow this morning.

Suggest changing the Quick Reply option to: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZoption.

Last edited:
Is there also FCT for the Forum ... that if you pay ... it speeds up the forum display time ?

WebTV was painfully slow, using Dial-Up ... I could go outside and cut the lawn ... and watch the grass grow ... faster !

OMG ... I click on a thread ... go microwave a cup of Cawfee, for 1min 44sec ... and the page still is't up yet !

I think I'll sign off and go work on my route ... or go outside and do a Dawg Pewpy Patrol & Recon Mission ... and cut the weeds .

Last edited:
Since a significant amount of support has been "out-sourced" to the forums why would N3V let this terrible condition exist for so long. Of course, it could be a choice of -" let us continue to try to fix it or undergo the radical step of moving the process to some other platform and suffer some unknown outage and/or loss of data". Then again it may not be technical at all. My question remains in any case - why would a rational company management let this languish for so long when they are strongly dependent upon existing customers taking the role of customer support? From a marketing perspective it does not make sense.

To add to your observations, Dick, I would also add that NOBODY from N3V (outside the nebulous appearance of Zec) has even acknowledged that there IS a problem, much less what they intend to do about it.

Standing around and wringing their hands just isn't going to fix it - if they are even doing that. My conclusion: they just don't care about their current customer base and are perhaps even hoping that interest in Trainz altogether will just go away. After all, their basic Jet display engine is over 10 years old and really, really needs a complete overhaul. If they can't afford to do that, then what hope is there for the forum to get a much-needed boot in the butt.

Bill

It seemed marginally better a few days ago, but then slowed down again. This morning though it is utterly woeful - definitely the slowest yet!

Maybe they are waiting for Bill's birthday...

Andy :)

Maybe. 97 seconds from email link click to viewing this post and 120 seconds from "post quick Reply" to actually being able to ENTER text into the reply.

Bill

You could always load two instances of the Forum, in separate tabs, and while the one tab is loading (ever so slow) ... and by windowed tabs-double tasking, you could click back on the other tab and enjoy looking at USA Screenshots ... and keep clicking back and forth between tabs.

You could even run two instances of the forum ... side by side ... each taking up 1/2 of your monitor.

Or you could plug in your PC to 220V ac ... and the Forum would load twice as fast !:hehe: I saw a guy do this with a power shop electric hand drill, it went real fast for a giga second !

I think we all should break down and buy: as many DLC digital downloads, FCT's, and higher build Trainz versions, so that they can afford to switch to servers that are real fast.

Last edited:
Back