Florida East Coast Screenshots (variable sizes)

*If you think this thread is "waffling" or unnecessary, it is not necessarily such since this is not as general as USA Pics or any major screenshot thread. This is an opportunity for YOU and I to share screenshots pertaining to ANY Florida East Coast Route, session, or something of the like. I suggest that we all keep this thread friendly and peaceful and enjoy the screenshots that follow. Many thanks! :)

My preliminary "Draft" of the FEC / Florida East Coast from Miami to Boynton Beach, FL is out NOW :) and I have enjoyed posting screenshots from various FEC routes until this day and have had a blast with this learning curve. Now I am presenting an excellent opportunity for all to share their route experiences on not only mine but a spectrum of routes as well!

I'll set forth a few examples of routes that can stimulate a template for the session and subsequently I'll list a schedule of various trains, in installments of course.

- Florida East Coast, by foxgraphix
- FEC Miami to Boynton Beach, by me, brickbuilder711 (kuid:378602:1209) (out, check http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=34448)
- FEC Oak Hill Siding, by FECRailway_Richard (kuid:152531:1050) (not sure if it's correct)
- FEC Key West Extension BETA, by Nikos1
I'm confident that there are more routes. In fact more FEC routes from FECRailway_Richard are to come out soon! Just look forward to the installments of that too.

I just ask that we are on topic and keep it all friendly! :D

As with any screenshot thread, I'll start it off with Train 202 thru Oak Hill Siding.

"It is 1300 and we are at Oak Hill Siding on the FEC. It is an excellent crisp December day and Train 202 is wasting no time, with locomotives 102 and 715. I am under the US1 bridge.

fec202oakhillwoods.jpg

The lumber workers are hard at work.

fec202oakhilllumber.jpg

202 makes a dash for Bowden, with loads from Intermodal to manifest.

fec202oakhill2.jpg

Finally, an excellent vantage point at the north end of the siding. This is actually sight of a derailment from months back (reference to 'Accidents Can Happen!' thread)."

fec202oakhill.jpg

More to come! :wave:

Last edited:
I really like the color scheme on the first engine, and the second engine is really awesome. Is it a converted UP engine, or is FEC part of UP. (not that knowledgeable on FEC. I just know that they run in Florida, and that they had BL2s)

I really like the color scheme on the first engine, and the second engine is really awesome. Is it a converted UP engine, or is FEC part of UP. (not that knowledgeable on FEC. I just know that they run in Florida, and that they had BL2s)

FEC bought 20 SD40-2s directly from UP. They thought of a way that does not put the expensive scheme, or so it is said, as a waste for UP. All they did was patch the # and the logo.

5 of them were snoots, this being one.

Here's the current schedule, subject to change. Look back to this post for changes. This is expected to make choosing a train much easier!

Northbound
FEC 202, intermodal, manifest, autos, sometimes rock
7:00 Hialeah; about 4:00 PM Jax
FEC 206, intermodal
6:00 Jax; About 3:00 PM Jax
FEC 208, Rock, empty autos, flats
9:00 Medley; About 7:00 PM Jax
FEC 218; Intermodal and Manifest; Picks up at West Palm
6:00 PM Lauderdale, About 2:00 AM Jax
FEC 220; Wal-Mart, Tropicana, Manifest, Etc; Picks up at Titusville
About 3:00 AM Fort Pierce, About 8:00 AM Jax
FEC 222; Just about everything
4:00 PM Hialeah, 1:00 AM Jax
FEC 224; Intermodal
11:00 Lauderdale, 7:00 AM Jax
FEC 226; Intermodal
11:00 Hialeah, 8:00 AM Jax

Southbound lists will follow later! :wave:

An exceptional CSX train carried the four original SD70M-2s to Moncrief and eventually Bowden Yard. I am using Chrisracer8903's CSX Nahunta Sub, an excellent classic for CSX. This run is dated to January 7, 2007.

Waycross

waycross.jpg

Folkston

1folkston.jpg

folkston.jpg

Callahan

callahan.jpg

Jax

jax2.jpg

jax.jpg

Ironically the train came to a halt almost instantly. I had to hit the Printscreen key 15-20 times to get some of the shots since my computer wouldn't take 4 FEC 70M-2s (Sporbust makes a lot of High poly locomotives) and 3 CSX -8's.

Back