Errors when updating to suggested updates.

johnwhelan

"No prebuild data found for this build number."

being able to cut and paste might be an improvement.

Currently TS22 is giving all sorts of odd errors. I'm feeling tempted to go back to TANE which was at least was more stable.

Suggestions please.

Thanks John

That appears in the assertion messages in the current Trainz Plus beta versions but seems to have no effect on the program operation. Assertion messages do not always indicate bugs or errors but often just indicate the status of certain conditions that the program needs to process and deal with.

More details would be helpful. There are "Cut, Copy and Paste" options in the Surveyor 2.0 context menus available in most objects (rolling stock is the only exception) and they are crucial to the operation of the new Scrapbook feature.

That appears in the assertion messages in the current Trainz Plus beta versions but seems to have no effect on the program operation. Assertion messages do not always indicate bugs or errors but often just indicate the status of certain conditions that the program needs to process and deal with.

More details would be helpful. There are "Cut, Copy and Paste" options in the Surveyor 2.0 context menus available in most objects (rolling stock is the only exception) and they are crucial to the operation of the new Scrapbook feature.

I'm not using surveyor 2.0 currently. I'm not sure it's available to mere TS22 purchased out right mortals but thanks for the encouraging words. Now all I have to do is work out why the red beetle has started to appear on some layouts that were running fine before the last update.

Cheerio John

122142 is a beta version for TRS22 retail so that explains the assertion message.

Surveyor 2.0 is only available in Trainz Plus and for TRS22 users who have Trainz Plus.

This is a common error due to the build-version being out of sync and out of date on the server and is a known issue with the beta. Laurence said to ignore this error.

DLC Packages will report a precache assertion error during database rebuild. Select Continue and Ignore Errors

This is a common error due to the build-version being out of sync and out of date on the server and is a known issue with the beta. Laurence said to ignore this error.

DLC Packages will report a precache assertion error during database rebuild. Select Continue and Ignore Errors

I remember the days when errors were not normal. Doesn't say a lot for the product does it.

Cheerio John

I to have these issues, copy and paste crashes the game. I also now have trackmark issues, trains commanded to navigate to the first track mark display an unable to find track mark error then become unseeable have to delete set new locos. Tried several different fixes. Will navigate into stagging without issues, but crashes the game leaving at the moment. 9/10 its something i have caused lol. They will autopilot out no problem. doing a fresh trainz plus install now.

These versions with release assertions, have the error messages deliberately turned on to aid in troubleshooting and reporting of errors. If you read the thread for the version you will see what is new, what is fixed and what is still an issue. If you don’t want the error messages, then don’t run the beta versions with release assertions. The whole point of the betas are to find problems and errors. Sorry it is weird to see complaints about error messages when we are told they will show up in these versions.

These versions with release assertions, have the error messages deliberately turned on to aid in troubleshooting and reporting of errors. ... The whole point of the betas are to find problems and errors. Sorry it is weird to see complaints about error messages when we are told they will show up in these versions.

My thoughts as well. Some of the assertion messages are not even errors, they are reporting that the program has found, and dealt with, various anomalous situations often in the data it has been given.

As far as actual errors, the Trainz Plus betas (at least in my experience, so far) have run with fewer problems than the betas for earlier versions of Trainz that I have tested - T:ANE betas in particular bring back some bad memories.

Long ago I learned the hard way to follow N3Vs advice and not use betas for major project development.

These versions with release assertions, have the error messages deliberately turned on to aid in troubleshooting and reporting of errors. If you read the thread for the version you will see what is new, what is fixed and what is still an issue. If you don’t want the error messages, then don’t run the beta versions with release assertions. The whole point of the betas are to find problems and errors. Sorry it is weird to see complaints about error messages when we are told they will show up in these versions.

I hadn't even realised I was running beta I just applied the suggested updates when it said they were available.

Any simple way out of this mess? Apart from a reinstall?

Thanks John

I think if you change your update stream to not include betas, then when a new regular version comes out, you will then be off the betas. Otherwise you have to reinstall.

Currently TS22 is giving all sorts of odd errors. I'm feeling tempted to go back to TANE which was at least was more stable.

Suggestions please.

Thanks John

Had a similar problem on Mac OS ladt year. Wasn't strictly a Tranz's problem but can'tvremember how I solved it.
Sorry

Had a similar problem on Mac OS ladt year. Wasn't strictly a Tranz's problem but can'tvremember how I solved it.
Sorry

In this case, the original poster had inadvertently installed a beta version when he thought it was an updated version. The error he was referring to "No prebuild data found for this build number" was a normal "assertion message" that appears as a diagnostic to indicate a variety of test conditions, including possible data errors. These message do appear in the final retail or updated release.

Back