Environment settings - 2 questions

Ardaeshir

1. Is there a way to "manually" adjust the environment settings colors? I mean in the way of inputing specific rgb values? Fiddling with teh "3 dials" in the menu is cumbersome and not precise enough for my tastes.

2. Once I finally get my lighting settings as I want them to be, is there a way to "save" or export them to a different map? Or do I have to do it separately for each map?

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to say, but the environmental conditions are route specific, which makes sense with some routes being tropical while others are temperate making the environment different in these cases for example.

I agree the RGB dials are cumbersome. There was a discussion sometime ago about this in the Trainz Dev (Developer) forum and it looks like the ability to enter in actual values maybe something in the far future, but it's not a priority.

With this being a great idea, I recommend posting something about this in the Suggestion Boxcar forum. Your post won't appear right away, but it should shortly afterwards once it's approved by the moderators and management. There was discussion about this in the Trainz Dev forum sometime ago, but it doesn't hurt to bring it up again.

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to say, but the environmental conditions are route specific, which makes sense with some routes being tropical while others are temperate making the environment different in these cases for example.

Still, if I make say 2 routes set in north Germany, one in Poland and one set in southern Lithuania it would make perfect sense to use the same environment settings that I created for them. Especially since the color dials are somewhat of a fuss now, the perspective of having to re-do manually 3 times the job I already done once is rather unsatisfying.

Back