DS items not finishing

nerogers

Semi-Veteran
i have a problem with the DS. when i download a file thats above about 1mb, as soon as it gets to 99% done, it stops downloading and will not continue. this seems to happen the most to the engines, even when all the kuids are in the DS. any suggestions on how to fix it will be greatly appreciated.:)

I also have this problem many times in CM2.

One solution that works 50% of the time is to click stop, wait 10 seconds then click start.
Another solution is to remove from the download list and try again later - but rarely works.
Another solution I use is to download using CM from 2006 the export to 2009 - sometimes works.
Other than that there are some items which never finish and I just have to do without them!
Finding the item on the download station and initiating using ftp or whatever didn't make any difference where I've tried this.

Arg!
Segy

Last edited:
well, the first two i have tried before. they work sometimes but not always.

the third 1 i can't do cuz i don't have trainz 2006.:(

thanks for the help though.

My solution to this is, just close the Content manager and restart it and for me this works.

I also add items to the download cart first and then add to CM

I also have to say that 2009 content manager is the worst CM i've used so far and never work %100.

I hope this info helps.

Michael

Michael.It's got to be something to do with your computer. Perhaps your virus checker. You are the first knocker of CMP2 that i can find. I find it faultless compared to the 06 version
baz

ftp

My solution, having just bought both TC3 and 2006 and had problems, is to create a file (or more) on my drive then use the ftp option to download into that, then use CMx to Import.
Of course that may not work if you don't have 2004, as I also do, CMx may just start itself up. I would have thought that using ftp from the DS would avoid that.

Angela

actually baz, michael is right. the content manager and DS is horrible. if it were good i don't think i'd have a problem downloading a simple 1mb file on a new computer.

Angela, i'm gonna sound like the biggest morron ever but i really have no idea what your talkin about:confused:

also michael, your suggestion i tried and it didn't work.

kinda bumpin this up so that i can get more suggestions cuz i do want to get this running right.

Back