Driver Setup issues

Yorkshire

So when editing a session, I go into Driver Setup and give one of the locos a set of commands from my Schedule library. Until recently it worked fine, when I went into Drive Session, the loco commands activated - say for example to wait 5 seconds then set off on the prescribed route. Now with SP5 (116678) this no longer works. In the Edit session mode, the commands are shown as being there, when I go into Driver mode, the loco doesn't show the commands when clicked on, just the DCC controls. Cycling until I show Ai automode and the commands are not there either. I have to manually insert them. Is this a bug or is it my system!? It doesn't seem to save Driver setup commands. Another frustration!

I don't have build 116687 but I have just tested your exact scenario in builds 116492 and 116912 and it is working fine.

In your session editor is there a button at the bottom labelled Restart All Rules? If there is then click the button before you exit back to Surveyor after adding/editing the driver commands. This might (or might not) be the cause of your problems.

My theories.

In your session editor is there a button at the bottom labelled Restart All Rules? If there is then click the button before you exit back to Surveyor after adding/editing the driver commands. This might (or might not) be the cause of your problems.

Thank you - that worked! I actually now never use going from Driver mode to edit mode and back. It seemed to cause issues like stopping messages etc. So I keep editing a session and driving as separate. Hence I never used restart all Rules as I thought it was just for the Unified Surveyor/Driver setup.

I have read Stagecoach's thread and it does ring a few bells in my own experience - thanks for the link. Personally, I think it was a mistake to take out 'Edit Trains' from the menu. If something went wrong in a session, you could quickly use that edit function to get things back on track and you didn't lose 'messages'. When I used UDS to edit, restart all rules meant seemingly starting rules all over again and it basically messed up the session. A plea to reinsert Edit Trains will unfortunately fall on deaf ears! Thanks for the responses.

Yorkshire

Just tried my session - discovered that Restart Rules has seemingly emptied all the Path Commands I had set up! I was wondering why a train had not gone into the correct terminal platform, went into Surveyor and made the discovery, seems like one issue after another with the latest builds. No wonder other threads use the term 'frustrated'!

Yorkshire

Back