TRS22 Session Ghost

I just started to get a very jumpy driver session so I decided to reduce the number of drivers. I had 5 driver set up's, one each for Freight, Passenger, Ships, Aircraft, and Transport. As I was working on shipping I deleted the Freight, Passenger, and Transport driver setup's. Saved the route and a new session. Closed it all down and picked edit the new session in surveyor. When it had loaded checked the edit session and the driver setup's had gone. I went into driver and found that all the deleted drivers are still there and their commands are all intact and running it also had unassigned drivers added to the driver list. Anyone else had or seen this?

Not many seem to have this
and normally you are the one giving us the answers

did you do "Delete missing items" on the clone after you removed the drivers and commands?

Check for engines that are on the map but are missing assets (eg you do not have the kuids).

That's not the problem. I opened my route and session for edit, all of my trains are in a session layer. I then open edit session and I have 5 driver setup rules, One for freight one for passengers then Ships, Transport, and aircraft. I wanted a session for none train use so deleted the freight and passenger driver setup rules and kept the other three. I saved the route and the session, the session had a new name. Now both sessions show in view sessions so I select the new session to edit. I open the edit session in the route and only the three driver rules are listed, which is correct. I then go to driver mode and all the trains are there as they should be, I did not delete the train layer. But all the drivers still have thier driver commands even though no drive rule exists for them. They have kept the driver commands from the old session and although they did not start to move straight away, they did carry out those commands.

I have something similar.I have a route/session which uses AI to run all the trains. This was a route which ran well in Trs2019 and when I migrated to Trs2022 it was there and ran as expected - except for one thing. Several AI trains had one command in driver which I thought I had deleted earlier. I went back into surveyor and the commands were not there in the driver set up mode. When I went back to driver mode they were still there.

My solution was to import an earlier version and move on. Apparently some got corrupted along the way which could not be fixed.

I have something similar.I have a route/session which uses AI to run all the trains. This was a route which ran well in Trs2019 and when I migrated to Trs2022 it was there and ran as expected - except for one thing. Several AI trains had one command in driver which I thought I had deleted earlier. I went back into surveyor and the commands were not there in the driver set up mode. When I went back to driver mode they were still there.

My solution was to import an earlier version and move on. Apparently some got corrupted along the way which could not be fixed.

I ran into this as well but that occurred in TRS19 and not TRS22.

I think the problem has something to do with content being cached and the cache not always being flushed and recreated when content is updated or changed.

I ended up recreating the session thinking it was something I hosed on my session because I had been doing a ton of editing and setting up consists but couldn't find what I had done to break things. Recreating the session from scratch solved my problem, but that can be an issue if your sessions are really complex. I had my sessions setup with the Schedule Library and the setup took me about an hour to reconfigure again.

The TC route and TC session had 5 drivers set up rules. I then deleted two of the driver set up rules which contained trains. There are now no drivers set up to drive trains only ships, transport, and aircraft. I saved the TC route and a new SHIPS session. I open the view sessions and both the TC session and SHIPS session are listed. I selected to edit the SHIPS session and once loaded went into driver mode. All the trains had drivers and driver commands even though there was no driver set up rule for them.
I packaged the SHIPS session into a CDP and imported it into a new install of TRS22. I opened the edit session and went to driver mode and all the trains still had drivers and driver commands. This was on a new install of TRS22. Where are the trains finding drivers and driver commands from? Is there a double saving of rules or commands in the route which is causing a cross reference of some sort between two saved locations within the route or session?

Back