DOWNLOADING LOCOMOTIVES TO TRAINZ 2010 USING AURAN'S FIRST CLASS TICKET

epictrains

We bought a First Class Ticket at the Auran site so that we could download trains to Trainz 2010. Second time we've tried this and we can't get it to work! We've downloaded a locomotive into the content manager and there is a little check in the box showing that it's been downloaded, but we can't figure out how to get it from there into the game where you can use them. This is getting VERY frustrating....feel like we've tried everything! Anyone know how to do this? My son has been asking me to help him w/ this and I just can't figure it out. Any help would be so appreciated!

Under Options there should be a Surveyor option that is checked by default called "Show Favorite Content" or similar. Uncheck it. BTW, unrelated, but on the routes page, if you untick the yellow "favorites" star at the top, it'll show you more routes available.

Firstly; have you activated the FCT? If not, you may do so at the Planet Auran link above, under 'tickets' I believe.

Secondly, the content will automatically install, but if it was made for a different version may be faulty in that it requires other dependencies to make it work. Can you view the listing for the locomotive in the main window of the Content Manager and check to see if it is flagged as missing dependencies, or faulty?

downloading

Under Options there should be a Surveyor option that is checked by default called "Show Favorite Content" or similar. Uncheck it. BTW, unrelated, but on the routes page, if you untick the yellow "favorites" star at the top, it'll show you more routes available.

Thanks for getting back to us. When I start the game the main screen appears, I see a options tab but when I highlight it I get a configure trainz screen, but it doesn't give me any surveyor option, am I looking under the right option tab. Thanks

Thanks for getting back to us. When I start the game the main screen appears, I see a options tab but when I highlight it I get a configure trainz screen, but it doesn't give me any surveyor option, am I looking under the right option tab. Thanks

You need to be using the in-game options screen for this, not the one on the Launcher.

Shane

Thanks for all your help were getting closer. We downloaded some locomotives and they went into the game and he can drive them, but the graphic are all boxy. You can see the shape of the locomotive but you can't make out what kind it is. We did make the changes with the routes you suggested and it opened alot more. Thanks again for your help you've made my son very excited about the game again.

If it's appearing all black or multicoloured, see the thread in my signature for the texture compression fix tutorial.

Shane

Back