From Whom or from Where Can I download this train W&W 0-6-0 #58?

MorganFT

Hi, I'm Morgans dad. Apologies if this request troubles you but ....
My son is a disabled youngman (17yrs) with Putoki-Lubski syndrome and fascinated by Steam locomotives. Our recent purchase of T:ANE and Trainz Plus have set his World and firebox alight!

He's been buying trains from K&L Trainz and the DLC but turned to me to help him locate the W&W 0-6-0 #58 which he's identified in an obscure posted scene shot by another forum user from 2018 and a YouTube post!
No idea how he's bumped into that in his Trainz travels.

Anyway, I know its a long shot but we've looked and searched for help in the supply and sale of the relative files.
We messaged trainman7616 asking for his help but no reply over the last 10 days or so.

We'd much appreciate a reply even if its a simple "no" to close off his ADHD and obsessive looping about it.

Thanks for reading,
Rob (dad) & Morgan (User)

Seeing as though that's an engine from TBS, currently it is most likely unobtainable. I doubt it will become obtainable in the future as none of the former TBS content creators (besides trainman) are currently active anywhere to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Hello,
I believe the steam engine you are looing for does come from "The Backshop". As stated the website is no longer active.
But....
You can still download the locomotive. It is on a website called Wayback Machine. Basically it will try to capture a "snapshot" of the webpage. Sometimes we can lookup a page with wayback machine and find a download. Sometimes not. you are in luck that most of the Backshop website is backed up.
http://thebackshops.com/trains/freeware/small_steam.html

Make sure you click the where it says Requires Heavy Steam Engine Sound.
Kenny

Ps while you are there I would download as much items as you can.

Actually, the first link above does not work, but if you go to the link to get the Heavy Steam Engine Sound, from there you can navigate the site using the dropdowns on the bar under the page title. The W&W 0-6-0 is under Trains - Freeware - Small Steam.
EDIT: Sorry, but what you get is a 3K file that is not actually the locomotive. Unfortunately, the majority of the downloads from the Backshops no longer work. Now that I tried it, I remember trying them before. The heavy steam engine sound does work.

Last edited:
Fellas, fellas , fellas - I wish I could of just bottled up Morgans' euphoria attached to this reply for you all!
He's bouncing off the ceiling with excitement and cannot wait to get it all loaded tomorrow.

Thank you , thank you , thank you!
We took your advice and raided the freeware available. REEEESULT!

All the best
Rob & Morgan

Oooops, read the whole thred before replying. Blimey thats was a fall back to Earth hahahahaha, the search continues!

Last edited:
Fellas, fellas , fellas - I wish I could of just bottled up Morgans' euphoria attached to this reply for you all!
He's bouncing off the ceiling with excitement and cannot wait to get it all loaded tomorrow.

Thank you , thank you , thank you!
We took your advice and raided the freeware available. REEEESULT!

All the best
Rob & Morgan

Oooops, read the whole thred before replying. Blimey thats was a fall back to Earth hahahahaha, the search continues!
Looking at the facebook post from TBS again, it looks like the loco wasn't created by trainman. If you can find the modeler credited, Stras90 (wherever they are, don't know if they are on the forums or not) they might be able to provide it.

Back